Today we have some big news – Preview 7 has just been released, and our new name is now Edge Animate.
Starting with this release, the name has changed from Edge to Edge Animate. Edge has been renamed to better reflect its capabilities as a tool to create animated, interactive content.
Preview 7 is a major update that our team is VERY excited about. We’ve been hard at work since Preview 6 launched in May, and added a lot of features to make your compositions more compelling and easier to create. Here’s a quick snapshot of what’s new:
- Resizable Layouts: Enable your projects to adapt to different screen sizes.
- Creativity Tools: New ellipse tool, box and text shadows, more robust text editing.
- Stage Improvements: Rulers, guides, resizable stage, and positioning
- Timeline Improvements: Adjust snapping, time-based increments that emulate FPS, visible grid.
- Keyframe Improvements: Lots of improvements were made to make it easier and faster to work with keyframes.
- Usability Enhancements: Grouping, refreshed properties panel, new keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Updated Code Editor: Re-skinned code tree, updates to symbols, error prompts.
- Accessibility: Publish screen-reader friendly HTML tags.
Our team leader Mark Anders just released a new video that shows Preview 7 in action.
Be sure to check out the complete list of new features here. You can also see all the features we’ve added since Preview 1 launched a little over a year ago.
We hope you’re excited about Preview 7 – please get the complimentary download here and let us know what you think!