by Tareq Aljaber

Created

November 20, 2014

The latest release of Edge Animate CC (October 2014) introduced major architectural and runtime changes to reduce the runtime size by 55% in addition to other new features. Even though we performed necessary testing, we still expected a few issues to come up given the magnitude of the changes implemented. Luckily, we have a great and active community who have reported these issues, worked closely with us to help reproduce them, and they also confirmed our fixes.
We just released an update with fixes for all known issues that our customers have reported. Here is a list of the top issues we’ve addressed in this update:

Timeline control and triggers
We’ve fixed multiple timeline issues such as resetting movie properties while looping, multiple triggers using the bindTriggersAction() method, and settings timeline controls (stop, reverse, etc.) on the first frame.

Crash when deleting keyframes
Issues when deleting a timeline keyframe in nested upgraded/updated movies have been fixed.

Element Panel
All the issues and crashes when re-ordering layers in the Element Panel have been fixed.

Custom fonts
An issue working with custom fonts when upgrading movies to use the latest runtime has been fixed.

Scroll effects workflow in Muse
The scroll effects did not work correctly with OAM content in Muse. The animation would start playing as soon as the page loads even before scrolling down. This issue has been fixed.

To see a complete list of what we have fixed in this update, click here. We encourage you to continue providing your feedback and input, as we are actively making Edge Animate the best animation authoring tool of the web.

Best,
The Edge Animate Team

COMMENTS

• By Cliff Paschal - 11:30 AM on December 2, 2014

where is this bug fix available? I have poked all over the Adobe site and cannot locate a download or install link.

• By Chris - 5:36 PM on December 1, 2014

Hello, I’m new to Adobe Edge. I need a banner ad to loop 3 times then STOP. How do I do this in Edge?
    Thanks,
    chris

• By Alex - 11:57 AM on November 27, 2014

disabling the autoplay feature worked out. The C++ Runtime Error and the up-following crash, is still coming up when exiting a symbol to the stage…

• By Zach Cadwallader - 1:42 PM on November 25, 2014

I am having a problem with the selection box not disappearing when I click different objects, please help with this. I am running the software on Mac.

• By Vinod Menon - 10:04 PM on November 24, 2014

Hi Elizabeth

Can you join edge animate forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/edge_animate
    You can share project files in forum so that we can trouble shoot it further.

Vinod Menon
    Edge Animate Team

• By Dharmendra - 9:12 PM on November 24, 2014

Hi Alex,

We are sorry about the inconvenience caused. We have fixed the C++ runtime crash error in this patch. We have also addressed the muse workflow, however till the next Muse release you may have to set the auto play to off in Edge Animate. It will not change the behavior of your page in Muse. You can upgrade now and let us know your feedback. Thanks!

• By Elizabeth Lolio - 1:03 PM on November 24, 2014

Figured out it was a simple layering issue. I added a new element and since it faded off the stage before the link elements came up I didn’t realize it was covering the elements preventing the roller/link.

• By Elizabeth Lolio - 12:37 PM on November 24, 2014

The new Adobe Edge Animate is having issues with actions, I had a very simple link actions: window.open, and it does not work anymore. I had the same file with the same code working fine in the previous version of animate. I updated my software to the newest version and then made some updates (not touching the linked elements) and it will not show the cursor when I rollover the image with the action and does nothing when I click the image. It’s in the code. Don’t know whats going on. Looks like you guys condensed all of the individual js files into one. Possibly this is why it is happening.

• By Alex - 7:03 AM on November 21, 2014

Is the C++ Runtime Error Crash also fixed? Occured when exiting from a symbol to the stage. I was forced to downgrade to CC2014. Also, in Muse embedded .oam files did not load properly – only when reloading the page. Is it safe to upgrade, or better wait? Thanks alot!