I’m incredibly excited to announce the latest release of Edge Code CC which you can download now as part of the Creative Cloud. This release covers a number of core editor features as well as further integration with other parts of the Creative Cloud. Some of the highlights of this release:
- Edge Inspect CC Integration – Preview what you’re developing directly on your device and see it automatically reload as soon as you save.
- Edge Web Fonts Enhancements – The Edge Web Fonts dialogue is now fully keyboard accessible and you can now browse Edge Web Fonts from your LESS files.
- Improved File Tree – Delete files/folders from the file tree, show the file/folder in the OS file window, and refresh the file tree to show changes.
- NodeJS-powered Live Preview – Live Preview now serves off of a local NodeJS server.
- Quick Docs – Push Cmd/Ctrl+K on any CSS property and you’ll see inline documentation for it powered by WebPlatform.org.
- Quick View – Hover over images or colors and you’ll see a quick view window which shows you what that image or color looks like.
- Numerous Coding Productivity Features – Word wrap, highlight active line, auto close braces, hide line numbers, and many, many more.
We hope you enjoy this release! We’re going to be moving to a once-a-month release cycle going forward so about every month you’ll get a new build of Edge Code. Be sure to look for the blue present icon in the toolbar for more info about each release.
Thanks for using Edge Code!
Sr. Product Manager – Edge Code