After importing photos into the Adobe Photoshop Elements Organizer you may need to make adjustments to ensure your photos look their best. You can quickly and effectively resolve common photo issues with a single click of a button. Simply choose the purple Fix tab located in the upper-right of your screen.
Select one or more photos in your organizer and then choose a Fix button. Not sure which button to click?
- Auto Smart Fix analyzes photos and corrects problems commonly caused by poor exposure, contrast, color balance, and color saturation
- Auto Color analyzes photos and corrects common problems in color balance, such as the greenish tint in photos taken under fluorescent lamps, or the bluish tint in photos taken outdoors while using indoor-lighting camera settings
- Auto Levels analyzes photos and corrects common problems in luminance, such as the lack of detail in photos that were under- or overexposed
- Auto Contrast analyzes photos and corrects common contrast problems, such as the lack of distinction between bright and dark areas
- Auto Sharpen analyzes photos and corrects common focus problems, such as blurriness caused by poor camera focus
- Auto Red Eye Fix finds red pupils in photo subjects and changes them to a natural black
- Crop opens a dialog box where you can define and remove unwanted portions of a photo, and you can also rotate photos here
Along with quickly applying changes to your photos, these buttons also protect your original photos by creating an edited copy. Both the original photo and the edited copy will be stacked together into a version set in the Organizer.