Here are some free video training resources and an audio podcast for getting you up to speed on Adobe Lightroom 3.
Adobe Lightroom 3 is now available.
Tom Hogarty, Product Manager of Lightroom, wrote on the Lightroom Journal that “After a well attended public beta(600k+ downloads of the beta), the team is proud to provide the final version of Lightroom 3.0. This release has received significant feedback via the beta forums and we released an additional beta release(Lightroom 3 beta 2) to ensure that we addressed the top issues and solidified a Lightroom 3.0 release that is ready for daily use.”
For additional details, please check out the Lightroom Journal.
Lightroom 3 beta 2 available
From the Adobe Lightroom Team:
“The team would like to thank the 350,000+ photographers who have downloaded the Lightroom 3 beta and provided feedback on the new improvements. We’ve worked on improving several key areas and have prepared a second public beta of Lightroom 3 as we get closer to our final release”.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s new in this release:
- Improved performance throughout the application for faster importing and loading of images
- Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras
- Luminance noise reduction has been added to the previous color noise reduction improvements available in the first public beta for outstanding overall high ISO quality
- Support for importing and managing video files from DSLR cameras for better overall photographic workflow control
- Improvements to the import experience in the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Improved watermarking functionality from the first beta to reflect public feedback
Please read the following for additional details that are also included in the release notes for this update.