By Dave Forrester

Created

April 20, 2009

recording.jpg
The answer is yes! There is urban legend out there about hosted Connect Pro accounts and recordings. Individuals who have hosted Connect Pro accounts may think they can’t make a copy of their work through the use of recordings. However, they definitely can by going to “Recordings” on their hosted Connect Pro account and bring the FLV (Video File) across to their local machine using the “Make Offline” button. Once the FLV file is across to the local computer, the end user can do some cool applications with the video file in the real world. They can download the free Adobe Media Player off Adobe’s website and add the videos to their personal video favorites. Students can download the free media player and the video files can be streamed over a local network to them. At the same time, the FLV video files can be embedded into Acrobat by using Adobe Acrobat 9 and viewed with Adobe Acrobat 9 Reader. This blog post includes a brief ten minute webinar on the process and cool ways to apply the Connect Pro Recording technology to your world. So check it out, you can make a copy of yourself in your time zone, and then distribute yourself one hundred fold in multiple time zones and time periods by using your new technology resource found with Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional.
Short Webinar on Connect Pro Recordings
dave_ael_picture.jpg
My Connect Card, Digital Business Card
My Connect Room
My Profile

COMMENTS

• By Vish - 6:58 PM on October 21, 2011

Make Offline should be renamed to “Download”

• By vasso - 11:38 AM on November 21, 2011

How can I, as a participant viewer, save what I see on to my home computer ?
    Thanks

• By Dave Forrester - 2:20 AM on December 5, 2011

I would setup a second computer, maybe a laptop, then login as a guest, name the guest “Participant View.” Your participant view will be what you are after…

• By Nicolas - 11:16 AM on April 12, 2012

hi,

it’s easy as you say because to get this flv you have replay all the sequence… so if you have recorded a long presentation, you have to re-read it fully to get this file
    that’s very bad because we should get a simple “downoad” button to get it and same our time

• By Bob - 8:20 PM on September 18, 2012

The “make offline” function essentially requires the user to screencast the entire Adobe Connect meeting. This is an unacceptable way for end users to download recordings. Adobe needs to develop or publicize a way for end users to downlaod the recording file. Or, if the only way to download Connect recordings is through a disaggregated Connect meeting in a ZIP file, then Adobe needs to create a Player specifically for playing recorded meetings.

• By duane - 12:36 AM on November 16, 2012

Within the downloaded zip file are two files of interest. The file screenshare_*.flv is the video portion of your presentation and cameraVoip_*.flv is the audio portion of your presentation. The “*” is for the numbers that are included in the filename, which may be different for each download.

I use the program FLV Editor Lite from Moyea to import those two files. Then I add the “screenshare*.flv” file to the video timeline and the “cameraVOIP*” file to the audio timeline. I skip through a few sections to be sure the two are in sync, which a few of mine weren’t, probably due to Internet congestion during the recording, then I export both files to one FLV. It converts both files into one FLV or SWF in about three minutes or so on my PC for a one hour presentation. With the Lite version, you can export the file, but you can’t do much editing and save the editing, if you have to do any – you can pretty much just export and make a few edits. However, it works for what I need. However, I’m going to purchase the full version as its editing capabilities are pretty slick, from what I’ve tested so far. The Adobe Connect online editor is okay, but this provides much more control and special effects. :) After you convert to an FLV file, you can use some other tools to convert from FLV to mpeg or whatever.

I can’t stand having to wait for the “Offline” conversion so I found this solution. It may sound like a kludge, but it takes less than 10 minutes including the download of the zip file to have it converted to an FLV which I can then convert into other formats, as needed.

Just thought I’d pass that along. Moyea has a Mac app, but I don’t have a mac to test it.