Flash Player 9 Update (184.108.40.206) for Win and Mac is out! We released the update today and it is now available on the Flash Player Download Center. Just to recap what’s new in this update, 220.127.116.11 includes full-screen mode, Windows Vista support, and bug fixes. If you want to see some cool full-screen demos from the community, or have some of your own to add, visit the Adobe Labs wiki. This release also includes security enhancements for Security Bulletin APSB06-018.
If you installed the beta, it would be best to uninstall Flash Player before installing the release version to ensure you don’t run into any issues.
The Linux player is still available in beta on Adobe Labs. The feedback has been great, bugs have been filed, and the team thanks you 😉 I’ll let you know when the beta is refreshed with a new build.
A few more bits, to answer people’s questions:
Where are the debug players for the 18.104.22.168 release?
Historically, the debug and standalone players only shipped with the tool. But, with our dot and security releases we don’t always have a full tool update — instead we have been providing player “updaters” through the Flash Player support downloads page. There are updated 22.214.171.124 debug players to address the security vulnerability.
Where is the Universal Binary debug or standalone player?
We haven’t released the UB debug or standalone players yet. Since it is a new component and there aren’t tools that currently ship with these players it is on a slightly different release schedule. I’ll post when they do become available, and most likely they will also be made available on the support downloads page for developers.
Why don’t we use Express Install on the player download center on Adobe.com?
We do use it for our content, such as the Studio Experience and the Flash 10 year promo, and we have definitely discussed implementing it for the player download center. Right now, we are in the middle of a project to update the backend that drives the download center to improve the infrastructure. Changing things on the old infrastructure would end up being somewhat of a “throw away” effort, so I’d like to wait until we have the new infrastructure in place before rolling it out.