by Bruce Bowman

Created

May 4, 2009

There have been some recent changes in the product management team for Fireworks. Rick Jones has moved into the Fireworks Product Marketing Manager role, and I am now the Fireworks Product Manager.
It is my pleasure, as my first of what I hope will be many Fireworks blog posts, to share some really good news – we have the Fireworks CS4 10.0.3 Updater ready and we’re targeting May 6 as our go live date. Once live, it will be available via the Adobe Update Manager and on http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html where you will also find release notes with details on the bugs that this updater fixes.
This updater fixes the most common bugs that we know about in Fireworks CS4, including numerous text shifting problems, stability issues on Mac and Windows, and bugs related to pasting text from Microsoft Office applications. The team would like to thank you for your patience as we developed this updater.
I’m very excited to get started in my new role, and look forward to interacting with you in the Fireworks community.
Bruce Bowman
Fireworks Product Manager

COMMENTS

• By blorph - 11:06 AM on May 5, 2009

bravo — here’s hoping everyone’s big showstoppers are addressed!
    and thanks to everybody at the big a.

• By Jonathan Christopher - 11:59 AM on May 5, 2009

That is such great news, thanks so much!

• By Stephen Deutsch - 6:05 PM on May 5, 2009

I was very pleased to read the news in this post about the 10.0.3 update, and can imagine that there are many others who can’t wait to update their version of Fireworks CS4. Fireworks is such an underestimated and misunderstood application, and I am very happy to see that Adobe is assigning the right team to this product. I look forward to the future of Fireworks and what this update can, and will, bring to the interactive/digital community.

• By Chandan Kumar - 10:48 PM on May 7, 2009

good work kudos to sarthak

• By Christian - 4:13 AM on May 8, 2009

Is there a list of issues this particular update fixes?

• By russell - 9:23 AM on May 8, 2009

Nice. I got the update today and just now tried moving a text block around with the hand tool. Works great now. Thanks for fixing this.
    I had just updated to FW 10 from FW 4 so I’m pretty excited!
    FW is definitely a must-have program for graphics so this is perhaps the most significant patch I have ever downloaded!

• By Bruce Bowman - 10:17 AM on May 8, 2009

@ Christian – Yes, on http://www.adobe.com/support/fireworks/downloads_updaters.html there is a link to the release notes which contains details on the bugs that this updater fixes.ᅠ

• By Anders Baden Nielsen - 12:36 AM on July 10, 2009

Hi,
    First I love Fireworks! And the features you’ve added in CS4 like Pages etc. are huge improvements. However FireWorks CS4 is really unstable and buggy to the point of not being usable. This includes the newest version 10.0.3. I’m on the newest OS X 10.5.7 on a 17″ MBP Unibody.
    When doing mockups of websites using symbols, buttons etc. all of a sudden when I have saved a file, my file just refuse to open in the Mac version of FireWorks. It just crashes when opening the file. Like the file has become corrupt.
    The first time this happened, I was desperate. Tried everything from
    • installing my old version of CS3,
    • to reinstalling a clean non updated and updated version of FireWorks CS4 on a clean machine,
    • to installing a trial of CS4 FireWorks in Parallels on XP.
    This Windows FireWorks CS4 solution was the only one that worked. When opening the corrupted file in the Windows version, it consistently gives me a “Fireworks unexpected exception : c0000094″ error. But pressing “OK” it opens the file. I then save a new copy of the file from Windows. The Mac version opens this new version just fine. BUT whenever I then save the file in the FireWorks Mac version again, the file becomes corrupt yet again. And then I have to go to the Windows version again. So whenever I save a new revision of the file, it’s back to Parallels. So it seems that FireWorks for Mac has quite bug in its Save-code that corrupts files.
    Now I have a permanent link to FireWorks in Parallels in my dock. But it’s a pain having to launch Parallels each time I save and close my file in FireWorks Mac. Also RAM-wise when I have Photoshop, DreamWeaver, Flash, Mail etc. open as well. For my next project I’m going back to CS3 until this bug has been fixed — but I’ll definately miss the features of CS4!
    I’m not the only one with these problems — see .
    So please, please, please fix this bug.
    All the best
    Anders, Denmark

• By Anders - 8:06 AM on December 1, 2010

I know its old but I still use Fireworks MX 7

The 7.02 updater is corrupt on the adobe site, anyone knows where to get it?

BR Anders