by Bruce Bowman

Created

April 29, 2010

The Fireworks CS4 10.0.4 Update for Mac OS X is now available. You can get it through the Adobe Update Manager or download it from the Adobe Support website.
The team really would have liked to have gotten this Updater out to you sooner, but it just wasn’t possible before now.

COMMENTS

• By Yeah Right - 11:42 PM on May 4, 2010

“This Updater is for Mac only, and fixes all known critical bugs. There is no Windows 10.0.4 updater, because there are no known critical bugs (critical = security, crash or data loss).”
    Bollocks!! Somewhere along the line I think your brains all fell out and your bodies seem to still be moving on their own accord cause that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard.
    I work on Windows and have had constant crash and out of memory issues ever since CS4 was released. So have a number of other people I know also using Windows, along with many forum posts that do not only relate to Mac. These issues were not present(at least not to the same magnitude) in CS3 or earlier Macromedia releases.
    WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON?
    All I can say is that, whilst it is nice to have some of the new features that have been added along the way, what’s the point if the damn program keeps crashing?
    I also use some pretty hefty and memory intensive music/video recording software and can run that for hours and hours on end with no issue what so ever.
    All I can do now is pray and hope some day there is a real competitor to you guys so I can follow in Apples footsteps and show your software the bin.

• By Kari Sewell - 5:01 AM on May 7, 2010

No critical bugs??!?!
    We’ve tried to report endless Memory crashes, and have been patiently waiting for this patch in the hope that it would finally solve the problems.
    I’ve seen similar comments all over the internet when we’ve been trying to find a solution, and I’ve tried all of your help sheet.
    What do we have to do to register a critial bug with you then so you actually have it on your list?

• By john street - 8:34 PM on May 9, 2010

Hallelujah and holy shit! The crash-on-close bug is fixed! I thought it would never happen!
    Funny how happy I get when the software finally works as promised.
    Now, every time I open my PSD in Fireworks CS5, guess what?
    We trade one crash for another, I guess.

• By Matthew Brindle - 6:54 AM on May 25, 2010

For god sake. Just fix the bloody Windows version as well please. It’s literally been over a year! It’s a completely disgusting, arrogant and deceitful way to treat your customers.
    Now I have to upgrade to CS5 for what should have been fixed BEFORE release.
    I used to seriously champion Adobe. But the entire company has gone seriously down hill in terms of SPEED, INNOVATION and CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    Shocking that you can even get away with it. At somepoint there will be alternative. Hopefully that will give you all a kick in the right direction.

• By Judi Sohn - 9:27 PM on July 2, 2010

Even though I’m running Fireworks 10.0.4 (CS4) I’m still getting that stupid error/crash every single time I quit the application (OS X 10.6.4).

• By Brad Haynes - 4:28 PM on July 28, 2010

I think that 10.6.4 and 10.0.4.1 don’t work properly together. All my machines have this hang upon quit problem – I doubt that there will be any effort made to fix this by either Adobe or Apple now that CS5 is out.

• By Stephan Schindelin - 8:58 AM on August 18, 2010

hmm, the crash at quit bug is still alive :(

Mac OS X 10.6.4

• By Nic Cohen - 2:33 AM on July 30, 2012

Would be extremely handy if windows and mac actually worked closer together on at least a few things, windows did sort this out to a degree but still has the occasional issues!