by Takashi Morifusa

Created

April 27, 2011

Thanks nakis-s.info for sharing information

Some customer suffer from “Could not Launch” problem with “An internal error occurred.” on Fireworks CS4 on Window.

Please delete “Fireworks CS4 Panel Prefs.xml” and re-launch application. This could solve the problem.

The file location is:

Windows XP:
[Drive C:]\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS4\[language]\Fireworks CS4 Panel Prefs.xml

Windows Vista or Windows 7:
[Drive, C:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS4\[language]\Fireworks CS4 Panel Prefs.xml

COMMENTS

• By Jaime Creixems - 11:20 PM on April 27, 2011

Great! thanks, any idea where this file might be on a Mac?

By the way I love to see you guys are blogging more frequently. The Fireworks community is bigger than can be thought and we’re desperate to get in touch and keep expanding.

I would like to reccomend a blog from a Fireworker who’s always publishing great tutorials and resources: http://www.vart.io/

• By Takashi Morifusa - 9:56 AM on April 28, 2011

Thanks for the comment.

For Mac the same Panel preference location is:
      HDD > User > [username] > Library > Preferences > Adobe Fireworks CS4 > [Language] > Fireworks CS4 Panel Prefs.xml

• By Thierry Lorey - 7:02 AM on April 30, 2011

Hi Takashi,

Hi the delete of the Panel Prefs.xml file worth for Fireworks CS5 and higher?

• By Takashi Morifusa - 11:28 PM on May 2, 2011

I haven’t heard the problem occurs in Fireworks CS5 so far. We address CS4 bug already. If somehow someone encounter this problem in CS5, please let us know.

Thanks,
      Takashi

• By Yuri Ribeiro - 10:31 AM on July 29, 2011

This same problem but with Fireworks CS5 but the same solution also worked with the CS5.

• By start_to_disspoint - 12:20 AM on February 4, 2012

YES now happened on Fireworks CS5!
    Start to feel disappointed with Adobe product.
    Try the solution by deleting: [Drive, C:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS5\[language]\Fireworks CS5 Panel Prefs.xml

and even the whole
    [Drive, C:]\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS5

once relaunch, FW will recreate the structure of those folders again.

STILL same problem and message displayed.

• By English - 6:58 AM on February 14, 2012

This worked for me – thank you! (CS5)

• By Alice - 8:42 AM on February 29, 2012

I have the same problem with my cs5.1 software and I don’t know how to stop it if it helps i still have cs5 installed on my computer.

Please Help

• By Nic Cohen - 2:28 AM on July 30, 2012

This worked wonders, thank you!

• By Nic Cohen - 2:40 AM on July 30, 2012

Brilliant

Thank you!

• By Simon Ringsmuth - 7:22 PM on January 25, 2013

This same issue is happening to me, on OSX Mountain Lion running FW CS5.1. I have tried deleting the preferences as stated, but it still won’t open.

• By Bmeehan - 6:03 PM on February 18, 2013