SitePen announces Dojo Extensions for Adobe AIR

The SitePen team announced the release of an exciting new open source new project called the Dojo Extensions for Adobe AIR. Adobe and SitePen worked together to define a set of useful API’s for common desktop functionality using Dojo-like constructors. For example, with this library, you can easily playback video and easily manage your windows all from HTML and JavaScript. The library is designed from the ground up to play well with the Dojo Toolkit as well. There is an excellent screencast recording by Peter Higgins of SitePen that introduces the library using a sample application.

The project is hosted on Google Code and the source code is available. A quickstart page and sample application is available for those interested in diving in. This is project is a work in progress, but provides a significant amount of functionality in its first release.

Some of the API’s includes:

• dair.AIR
  • dair.Console
  • dair.Window
  • dair.Application
  • dair.fx
  • dair.Sound
  • dair.Video
  • dair.Icon
  • dair.File

Congratulations to the SitePen on the release!

26 Responses to SitePen announces Dojo Extensions for Adobe AIR

1. Martin says:

That’s a great demo of what dAIR can do. Dojo has come a long way since I started using it in 0.4.3 :) Is there any chance of getting a copy of the demo used to show case dAIR in the screencast?

2. Martin says:

3. Martin says:

4. Martin,

Thanks! Yes, the demo is available in the sample application linked above in the article.

Regards,
    -Dylan

5. Martin,

Regards,
    -Dylan

6. Martin,

Regards,
    -Dylan

7. Greetings, i am excited to browse all of of this page and am very excited and excited to say that you will continue to do a very good service here to put all the best stuff and information at one place, I must tell others about this information with a reference on my blog.

8. Greetings, i am excited to browse all of of this page and am very excited and excited to say that you will continue to do a very good service here to put all the best stuff and information at one place, I must tell others about this information with a reference on my blog.

9. Greetings, i am excited to browse all of of this page and am very excited and excited to say that you will continue to do a very good service here to put all the best stuff and information at one place, I must tell others about this information with a reference on my blog.

10. I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta tell regards for the post on this special one : D.

11. I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta tell regards for the post on this special one : D.

12. I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta tell regards for the post on this special one : D.

13. Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

14. Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

15. Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

16. I enjoy your work , thankyou for all the informative content .

17. I enjoy your work , thankyou for all the informative content .

18. I enjoy your work , thankyou for all the informative content .

19. gay dating says:

The most difficult thing is to find a blog with unique and fresh content but i think you offer something different. Keep it like this.

20. gay dating says:

21. gay dating says:

22. This is truly epic!!! Thanks for putting this out there

23. This is truly epic!!! Thanks for putting this out there

24. This is truly epic!!! Thanks for putting this out there

25. Iíd should verify with you here. Which isn’t something I often do! I get pleasure from studying a publish that may make folks think. Also, thanks for allowing me to remark!

26. roofing sheets says:

for the person who posted last week re the cost of steel ,it realy depends where you go to buy it, galvinized is around seven forty pounds per metric ton and standard is around £650 per ton- hope this helps