75 New Adobe AIR JavaScript Code Samples Available

Adobe platform evangelist Kevin Hoyt announced on his blog that he has made available the source code for 75 Adobe AIR code samples built using JavaScript. This is a fantastic way to get up to speed on AIR’s API’s. Real world examples include how to:

• Access text files synchronously
  • Access binary files synchronously
  • Access the clipboard
  • Add drag and drop support to your application

To get started, download the sample files as a .zip or .air file from his project site hosted on Google Code.

15 Responses to 75 New Adobe AIR JavaScript Code Samples Available

1. David R says:

Hi,

When I tried to install the file named “AIRSamples.air” (located at http://jsairsamples.googlecode.com/files/AIRSamples.air), I got this error,

Please help!.

– David R

2. Kevin Hoyt says:

David,

The samples AIR file is built for AIR 1.5. Is that the version of the runtime you have installed? I just downloaded the file and installed it, and had no problem. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to email me directly at khoyt . at . adobe . com.

As a side note, I do need to put a badge installer on the Google site. Not sure how to do that though as I don’t know the Google Code system well. If you (or anybody) has experience, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Kevin

3. J Mitchell says:

Hello,

When I tried to download MLB.com Releases Desktop App Powered by Adobe AIR I received the following error.

I tried following the instructions that David was given but nothing happened.

Please advise,

J. Mitchell

4. Kimberly Jones says:

Hi,
    I cannot get adobe air to work correctly. When I try to open a file, I get a message telling me that I must update in order to continue.
    When I click the update option, another message appears, “The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.”
    I’m running Vista. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the program. I’ve run it as administrator. I’ve tried everything I know, to no avail. Advice?

Thanks,
    Kim

5. Glenda Jasper says:

This is what I received when trying to Update? I cannot find anything other than it all failing to succeed.

6. Glenda Jasper says:

. Acrobat.com cannot continue until you update Adobe AIR.

7. Judy Sisk says:

Same problem as the others above: “Acrobat.com cannot continue until you update Adobe AIR. The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.”
    HELP!

8. Lisa Pecunia says:

I’m having the exact same problem as Kimberly Jones reported above. I am on a Mac PowerBook with Mac OS X 10.5.8.

Can’t get Adobe to work at all.

Please help.

9. Timothy Jones says:

Same problem, :”Acrobat.com cannot continue until you update Adobe AIR. The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.” I tried downloading, it ran, said download successful, then tried Acrobat and got the same message! Please help, I need to do my work and I paid for Acrobat!!!!!

10. Don Bickley says:

I am having the same problem as all of the others here. I am using VISTA. I am using Adobe 9. I have deleted my AIR in add/remove programs and reinstalled a newly DL’d version. I still get “The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author.” What gives??

11. Lauren Hooten says:

yep….same issue….same message….Vista…

You’d think they’d have a better error message instead of the file being DAMAGED….How about something with a lighter connotation, like…”the AIR file is slightly imperfect..but is completely lovable and acceptable, faults and all.”

Can someone please help me fix this f*&^&*n thing????

Lauren

12. reynald says:

we need answer for this issue..can anyone help us..

13. Gilles Gauthier says:

J’ai installé le CS5 Standard sur Mac Os X 10.6.4 et Adobe Air s’est installé.
    Mais, lorsqu’on fait appel aux fonctions Help … ce message d’alerte apparaît :

Adobe Air
    L’installation de cette application est endommagée. Essayez de la réinstaller ou contactez son éditeur pour plus d’information.

- – - – - – - – - – - – -

I maid a successful installation of CS5 Standard on Mac Os X 10.6.4 with Adobe Air.

But, when I ask for Help (Illustrator, InDesign, Phoshop, etc.) … that alert appear :

Adobe Air
    The installation of the application is damaged. tri to reinstall or contact Adobe for more information.

Please, tell me how to fix that

Thanks

14. Nagaraja kr says:

sir i have installed adobe flash 4,but am not able to import package like this
    import com.aircmr.imageviewer.data.GalleryDataManager;

i mean after typing COM.

am not getting aircmr option,even after typing space in-front of

COM.

15. Rebekah says:

I’m getting this too:

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. no idea what else to do. help!