New Performance-tuning article on Adobe AIR Developer Center

adc.jpgOliver Goldman has written an excellent article titled Performance-tuning Adobe AIR Applications that is now available on the Adobe AIR Developer Center. The article explores how to define metrics, measure throughput and memory, and apply an optimization process to your development process.

It’s a must read article whether you have already deployed an AIR application to your customers or you are simply in the early stages of thinking about building an AIR application.

If you have thoughts or experiences you would like to share, positive or negative, with regard to the performance of your AIR application, please feel free to leave a comment. If you think you have encountered a bug in this area, let our team know directly by sending us a description of your issue to our wish list.

In the coming months, we plan on sharing more articles that describe how to optimize the performance of your applications.

15 Responses to New Performance-tuning article on Adobe AIR Developer Center

1. tyler says:

Adobe Air has severe memory leak even in the “hello world” example for HTML/JS based application.

2. tyler says:

3. tyler says:

4. @Tyler – Thanks for the note. We believe we know might be causing this and are investigating it right now. I was hoping to follow-up with you by email, but you did not submit a valid email address. Please feel free to submit bugs here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

5. @Tyler – Thanks for the note. We believe we know might be causing this and are investigating it right now. I was hoping to follow-up with you by email, but you did not submit a valid email address. Please feel free to submit bugs here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

6. @Tyler – Thanks for the note. We believe we know might be causing this and are investigating it right now. I was hoping to follow-up with you by email, but you did not submit a valid email address. Please feel free to submit bugs here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

7. Putting all of the items together was helpful, and I will copy and carry it. However my comment- question is: While it seems obvious to me that the present U.S. administration is in clear violation of almost all the treaties we have ratified and almost all generally accepted moral

8. Putting all of the items together was helpful, and I will copy and carry it. However my comment- question is: While it seems obvious to me that the present U.S. administration is in clear violation of almost all the treaties we have ratified and almost all generally accepted moral

9. Putting all of the items together was helpful, and I will copy and carry it. However my comment- question is: While it seems obvious to me that the present U.S. administration is in clear violation of almost all the treaties we have ratified and almost all generally accepted moral

10. Leola Mettig says:

Just wanted to let you know… your website looks extremely weird in Safari on a Mac

11. Leola Mettig says:

12. Leola Mettig says:

13. Very helpful posts, return to posting.And I’m copying a lot of texts.Is that can be problem?

14. Very helpful posts, return to posting.And I’m copying a lot of texts.Is that can be problem?

15. Very helpful posts, return to posting.And I’m copying a lot of texts.Is that can be problem?