Today we are very excited to announce the availability of the Adobe AIR 2 beta (runtime and SDK) for Windows, Mac and Linux. At Adobe MAX, we provided you with a preview of Adobe AIR 2 and now you will have a chance to test drive the beta version. AIR 2 builds on the success of AIR 1 by giving developers new capabilities and even tighter integration with the desktop. This is the first time we have sim-shipped for all three major operating systems for both AIR and Flash Player (also in beta) and represents a major step forward in delivering on the promise of the Open Screen Project. In addition, the Flash Player team has also announced the availability of Player 10.1 on Adobe Labs.
- Download the Adobe AIR 2 beta runtime and SDK from Adobe Labs
- Explore the AIR 2 Release Notes, Developer FAQ and documentation
- Download source code and sample applications
- Ask questions and provide feedback in the the AIR 2 beta forum
In addition, we are making the following articles available today in the Adobe Developer Center:
- Read the “What’s New in AIR 2” article by Rob Christensen by Rob Christensen
- Using drag-and-drop support of remote files in Adobe AIR 2 beta by Christian Cantrell
- Creating a socket server in Adobe AIR 2 beta by Christian Cantrell
- Exploring the new file capabilities in Adobe AIR 2 beta by Christian Cantrell
- Using the Microphone capabilities in Adobe AIR 2 beta by Nicholas Kwiatkowski
- Creating accessible Adobe AIR applications with the Adobe Flex SDK by Daniel Koestler
Join us today as we start the next step in the evolution of Adobe AIR. On Adobe Labs you will find articles, videos, documentation, and sample applications with code to get you started with AIR 2. The beta forum will also be open to post questions, provide feedback and share your experiences with the beta.
We look forward to your feedback and thanks for your continued support. See you all in the Adobe AIR 2 Beta forum!