Congratulation to the team at Graphic.ly for releasing an alpha version of their upcoming desktop application powered by Adobe AIR. If you are or ever have been a fan of comic books, you simply must download this application and take it for a spin.
Features of the desktop application include:
- An application store that allows you to browse and purchase comic books (several are currently offered for free!)
- An activity feed that displays what others in the Graphic.ly community are reading and rating
- A built-in achievement system that recognizes users for discovering new features
- A beautiful, full-screen interface for navigating the pages and individual frames of a comic book
- A social feature that allows you to write comments on individual frames that others in the community can read
The Graphic.ly team describes what they are building as a "a cutting-edge community and digital content delivery platform for comic books, graphic novels and other forms of publishing." I am looking forward to seeing feature iterations of the application; especially as Graphic.ly becomes available on new types of devices.