The Adobe Developer Connection (ADC) is an amazing resource for developers looking to explore the latest content related to Adobe tools, frameworks and runtime technologies like Flash Player and Adobe AIR. With the recent launches of the Flex 4 SDK, Flash Builder 4, Flash Catalyst CS5, and Flash Professional CS5, there is an incredible amount of new material to explore.If you have not had the opportunity to visit the ADC already, there is a dedicated section that focuses on Adobe AIR content.
Below are a few articles that are applicable to building out-of-browser applications using Adobe AIR that I would encourage you to explore:
- Retrieving a list of network interfaces in Adobe AIR 2 by William Liang
- Resolving DNS records in Adobe AIR 2 by William Liang
- Building a data-centric application using Flash Catalyst CS5 and Flash Builder 4 by Andrew Shorten
- Building a micro-blogging solution for the enterprise by Mark Ellis
- Reducing CPU usage in Adobe AIR by Jonnie Hallman
- Exploring the Spring tool in Flash Professional CS5 by Chris Georgenes
- Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 best practices by Andrew Shorten
- Using the States Model in Flex 4 by Serge Jespers
- Moving projects from Flex Builder 3 to Flash Builder 4 by Andrew Shorten
- Flash Catalyst Overview by Terry White
If you have an idea for an article that you would like to see on the Adobe Developer Connection website, please leave a comment with your proposal. If you are interested in writing an article on your proposed topic, be sure to mention that in your comment as well.