Adobe Supports Microsoft IE 9 Launch at SxSW

With today’s launch of Internet Explorer 9, the Adobe Flash Player team is excited to highlight the results of our collaboration around both hardware acceleration and end-user privacy. Both companies believe that the best experience with the web is achieved when browsers and web runtimes like Flash Player are tightly integrated to ensure that the web browsing experience is seamless and highly interactive.

As part of the South by Southwest conference, we shared a demo that highlights the work we’ve done together in terms of hardware acceleration. In this case, 3D content in Flash directly participates in Internet Explorer’s hardware rendering pipeline, as exposed through the ISurfacePresenter API. For web developers, this means that hardware accelerated features in Flash, such as stage video and 3D graphics, will directly leverage the power of the GPU in the presentation process. This translates to a more responsive and efficient web browsing experience.

If you’d like to learn more about the new features coming in Flash Player, check out this post on the team blog. If you’re interested in learning about the new 3D capabilities, called project “Molehill”, you can read about them as part of our new Incubator program. I encourage you to check out the demos to get a feel for the power of Flash and tell us what you think.

12 Responses to Adobe Supports Microsoft IE 9 Launch at SxSW

1. Henry Vermeulen says:

So far I have not been able to run Adobe Flash player on IE9 pre-release and final release.
    However Adobe works fine with IE 8.

Please advise of the problem. My computer uses I7-781

2. Felipe Anastacio says:

My IE 9 is not running Adobe Flash Player as well… Need update ASAP!

3. Yashwanth says:

IE9 dose’nt work with adobe as well….need an update immediately…….!

4. Flash player is not working with IE. It does work with Chrome and Foxfire. When I try to download flash player for IE I get the message that I must close IE first I do and It downloads but then does not work. Help please. Thanks

5. Gideon says:

Adobe Flash Player doesn’t support IE9 64-bit … what’s up with that? I don’t want an unsupported demo version (“square”). When is the supported release coming?

6. SuperSnail says:

I had to use Windows Vista (Home Premium) “safe mode” to install the latest Adobe Flash Player update for IE9. It seemed to work then in “normal” startup mode. I had to roll back and use IE8 as IE9 prevented my Security Center (anti-virus, anti-spam, etc.) from opening.

7. Jeremiah says:

I still don’t have the option to download 10.2 on my xoom. Does anyone know what time this should be available.

• Paul Betlem says:

The release for Honeycomb/Xoom goes live today. Check the Android Market later today or tomorrow and you should have access to it. (I don’t have a more specific time to share.)

8. DR. Sam says:

Current Flash (10.2.152.32) doesn’t seem to work with IE9. My website crashs with IE9 and current Flash. But if I upgrade IE8 to IE9 and did NOT install current flash . . . my site works fine with the old version of flash (10.1.102.64)

• Paul Betlem says:

Thanks for your comment – We’d be happy to investigate. Please file a bug with the details:
      (There is some overhead of creating an account to file a bug, but we’re anxious to understand the issue you’re seeing so we can fix it.)

9. Jimmy Strand says:

I also seem to have problems downloading flash player and i am running ie9 on a 64-bit win 7….