We’re excited to announce that Flash Player 10.3 is now available for Android, Linux, MacOS, and Windows. Flash Player 10.3 improves stability, enhances security and user privacy protection, and provides new desktop video and audio capabilities for enterprises and developers. Intrepid developers can also check out a set of new bleeding-edge technologies in the Flash Player Incubator program on Adobe Labs. On the device side, with the rollout of Android 3.1 users of Honeycomb tablets like the Motorola XOOM will experience performance improvements introduced in Flash Player 10.2. For more information on how Google’s update to Honeycomb improves the experience of content designed for Flash Player, visit the Flash Platform blog.

New features in Flash Player 10.3 include:

• Media measurement (desktop only) – Measuring video usage just got easier. Using Adobe® SiteCatalyst® with Flash Player 10.3, developers can implement video analytics for websites with as little as two lines of code for the first time. Media Measurement for Flash Player allows companies to get real-time, aggregated reporting of how their video content is distributed, what their audience reach is, and how much video is played. Mobile support will be available in an upcoming release.
  • Acoustic echo cancellation (desktop only) – With Flash Player 10.3, developers can create real-time online collaboration experiences with high-quality audio for telephony, in-game voice chat, and group conferencing applications. Developers can take advantage of acoustic echo cancellation, noise suppression, voice activity detection, and automatic compensation for various microphone input levels. End users will be able to experience higher quality audio facilitating smoother conversation flow, without using a headset.
  • Enhanced privacy protection – Flash Player 10.3 enables local storage clearing within browsers’ privacy settings and streamlines the controls of the Flash Player privacy, security and storage settings within the local control panel of desktop OSes.
  • Security enhancements including the support of auto-update notification for MacOS – See the Security Bulletin APSB11-12 for more details.

For more information on the new features and a list of bug fixes, see Flash Player 10.3 release notes.

The Flash Player Incubator is also being updated today, highlighting new technologies and APIs that will provide further enhancements for performance, security, as well as support video and Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions. See detailed feature descriptions on Adobe Labs, let us know what you think on the Incubator forum or report bugs.

Finally, we now have an official name for one of our first Incubator technologies — the project formerly known by the code name “Molehill” will be called Stage 3D.  Stage 3D is a new method/model of 2D and 3D rendering developed by Adobe and is supported with a new Stage3D API.  The Stage3D API is a set of low-level GPU-accelerated APIs enabling advanced 2D and 3D capabilities across multiple screens and devices (desktop, mobile and TV). These new low-level APIs will provide 2D and 3D engine developers the flexibility to leverage GPU hardware acceleration for significant performance gains. The excitement and community response has been amazing. Stage 3D (code name “Molehill”) was also recently honored by Computer Graphics World following the Game Developers Conference as a recipient of its Silver Edge Awards, a designation presented to companies whose product represents the best of show at the industry’s leading conferences and exhibitions. From Computer Graphics World’s April 2011 print edition, its editors noted, “Using the new 3D APIs in Adobe Flash Player and AIR will make it possible to deliver sophisticated 3D experiences across almost every computer and device connected to the Internet.”

We hope you enjoy the improved performance and new features in Flash Player 10.3 on desktop and Android devices, and please continue to provide us feedback on the capabilities we’re demonstrating in the Incubator.

111 Responses to Adobe Flash Player 10.3 for desktop and Android devices now available (including Android 3.1 support)

1. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies | 9 to 5 Mac Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies | Apple Intelligence

2. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies | 9 to 5 Mac Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies | Apple Intelligence

3. Wow this is a great news that finally Adobe flash player 10.3 is now available for Android desktops with improved features. But still waiting for its availability in all Android handset so that everyone can make use of it.

4. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies « allnewmac.com

5. Marin Baltov says:

Hi ! I just wanted to say it is wonderful you keep improving Flash Player for mobiles.I got an Android Phone but unfortunately it is with ARM V6 processor and I just wanted to know HOW have you decided that Flash Player will ignore such processors ? Is there ANY hope that you could make some version for lower class of processors since NOT ALL the people in the world got so much money so they can buy EXPENSIVE SMARTPHONE and I am sure there is a way to make it happen (just like you thought you should do before but you gave up on that idea..I read all the rumors about that :) )…please respond me IF THERE IS ANY HOPE for users with low end processors to view SOMETHING LIKE normal internet sites with ALL OF THEIR CONTENTS…I bought ANDROID PHONE because all other companies GAVE UP ON ADOBE FLASH and have decided NOT TO USE FLASH…but I LOVE FLASH and WANT TO HAVE IT ON MY PHONE ONE WAY OR THE OHTER..please respond :)

6. Pingback: Mise à jour pour Flash Player | TechGen.fr

7. Pingback: Flash 10.3 Out of Beta, Gets System Preferences Panel | iPhather

8. Pingback: Flash Player 10.3 ออกรุ่นเต็มกับทุกแพลตฟอร์ม

9. Pingback: Flash Player 10.3 ออกรุ่นเต็มกับทุกแพลตฟอร์ม

10. Pingback: Android 3.1: Crowd-pleaser or heart-breaker?

11. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3: Brand new control panel to manage tracking cookies | AppleIndiaBlog

12. Pingback: Adobe Delivers Flash Player 10.3: Better Performance and Security Built-In | PHP World

13. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Exits Beta, Enters Your System Preferences

14. Finally AEC! Adobe, you should really put more emphasis on this; I’ve been waiting for this for years. I’ll have to try it out tonight to see how well it works. Cheers.

• Emmy Huang says:

We’re excited about the possibilities, too. Let us know if you have any feedback!

15. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3

16. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Apple Inside

17. Pingback: Quora

18. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 (PC World)

19. Pingback: Flash 10.3 disponible con nuevas opciones de seguridad

20. Pingback: Adobe Releases Flash Player 10.3, Solves the ‘Flash Problem’ | dblogz

21. Pingback: Adobe Flash 10.3 adds auto-update notification for Apple's Mac OS X « The Joe Lake Blog The Joe Lake Blog

22. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 (PC World) | News From Around the Internet

23. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Rumors about Apple

24. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | LatestAppleIpad.com - The Best Ipad News Around

25. Pingback: Adobe Releases Flash Player 10.3, Solves the ‘Flash Problem’ | Information Technology Leader

26. Pingback: Flash Player 10.3 yayınlandı | Sihirli Elma

27. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 (PC World) | Tech News

28. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Price Comparison Site 24-7compare.com

29. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates « Mac City

30. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates | eWallstreeter

31. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates

32. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates « Meu leitor BETA

33. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates | Apple Touch Online

34. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates | Inside Cellphone

35. Pingback: Android 3.1: Crowd-pleaser or heart-breaker | Android

36. ASMGEM says:

Version 10.3 breaks IE9 on win 7 64 bit. e.g. go to cbs tv and try to watch a show. The ads lose controls, and are not centered. Screen flickers in crazy places. In my hotmail account, the ads are on the wrong side, covering the folders and screen flickers a lot. Try to revert to a previous version from the Adobe site and this does not apply anymore. Only way I can see fixing this for IE is to reinstall Windows to a previous version that contains a previous version of flash. that is so wrong.
    Using Chrome 11, I can at least choose to disable this version of flash and use Chrome’s flash version.
    There were no issues previous to this update. Results were immediate upon opening browser.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled 10.3 a few times, including restart. to no Avail.
    I dont understand the rush to keep pushing new versions of programing, until a HISTORY has been developed of working properly. Update update update. how about fix fix fix?
    admmyr@live

• Emmy Huang says:

Hi,

We’ll look into it. Is this 32-bit IE9 on Win7 x64? Have you filed a bug at bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer that I can direct QE to?

thanks
      Emmy

• samm says:

the same problem is with me, 32bit windows on windows 7, all the moving adds flicker , and for some reason its flickering as i type now.

• Leslie Aday says:

I have tried to listen to and / or watch music videos my friends send to me at my facebook page. when I click the arrow to do so. a message pops up and tells me I need Flashplayer to be able to play the song. So I go to Adobe site and download and install. Adobe Flashplayer-10-3 for mac OS 10 . Then go back to hear the thing my friend sent me at facebook. now they say I need to upgrade my flashpayer. So I go back and try at Adobe to upgrade. Upgrade to what ? I even got online with a live adobe support person. He had no idea which of the products he sells and supports would work for me. I go to facebook and there “administration” site. They just said they had nothing to say about it. Is everybody using primates and 10 year old kids to man their support for such simple issues as just tell me what YOU WANT ME TO DO ? I really need help.Or just give up. What would be your choice, AMSGEN ?

37. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Exits Beta, Enters Your System Preferences - 57Digital UK iPhone Deveopers, UK iPad Developers, Mobile Developers

38. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 | News and Lifestyle Information

39. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Apple4Biz

40. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Vrtić - Popis svih vrtića u Hrvatskoj - Privatni Vrtići

41. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Officially Debuts With New Privacy Controls | Freak Mac

42. Pingback: Adobe、Android向けFlash Player 10.3をリリース - iPhone/Androdの最新情報&モバイルグッズ屋さん

43. Pingback: Flash Player for Mac updated to 10.3, adds preference pane and auto-updates | AppleiGaga

44. Vicki Wise says:

i’ve got exactly the same problem on my laptop, win 7, ie9 and all the flash graphics are off centre and flashing about the screen

45. DaveK says:

It is about time, and no mistake. It’s not just that we used to have to go to an external website to control our local settings (which is just nuts in the first place), it’s also that it was a really badly-coded flash app. Why on earth did it take you to a whole new html page every time you tried to click on a different tab? I mean seriously, how come? And how come it had to reload every time and couldn’t be cached? Honestly: worst. flash. app. ever.

46. Jay says:

Ever since the update to 10.3, the Flash in my browser also flickers — all over the page. This is happening in 32-bit IE9. If I disable the Shockwave Flash Object Addon, it goes away.

People are beginning to talk about it in other forums, too.

• Emmy Huang says:

We have seen the reports and are looking into it. Flickering sounds like an issue with hardware acceleration. Flash Player 10.2 and higher is using the new IE9 hardware acceleration capabilities. It could be an issue with your graphics card drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it continues you can also disable hardware acceleration in IE9.

47. Keith Hawksley says:

It will, plain and simple, not install on my iMac. The blogs are filled with venom for your unproven, untested crappy products.

How about this; do the due diligence first before you drop this POS onto unsuspecting consumers.

If I did as poor a job as you’ve done I would’ve been fired 7 ways to Sunday, knowing Adobe you probably got a raise

• Emmy Huang says:

Hi,

Have you filed a bug with specific configuration details and reproduction steps for your issue?

thanks

48. Silviu says:

It’s great to see updates. But please don’t forget that Flash mobile 10 with hardware acceleration was demoed on the forgotten n900 long time ago. As a n900 user (and I’m sure many others) I’m still awaiting this miracle to happen. Not to mention that besides my n900 my platform of choice is 64bit Linux …

• Emmy Huang says:

Nokia provides the port of Flash Player for their devices, so you will need to contact Nokia for information for the N900.

49. Leon Gilbert says:

Can somebody please tell me HOW to delete flash cookies in MS internet explorer?
    I have been reading about the new privacy settings on the net and have installed the latest player, however I cnanot find the new options anywhere… TIA – Leon.

50. Pingback: Flash Player izmaiņas « datspec

51. George says:

Noooooooooo, the current way shared objects are deleted when you clear cookies is really bad. Clearing cookies in one browser deletes all shared objects, no matter in which browser the Flash app that created them ran.

Read more here: http://spy6.blogspot.com/2011/05/adobe-kills-local-shared-objects.html

I created a bug here: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6885 , hope you guys fix it soon.

• Emmy Huang says:

Hi George,

Thanks for logging the bug. Local shared objects have always been shared between browsers. When a user deletes local shared objects using the online (and now local) settings manager, it deletes all local shared objects. So when the browser calls to delete local storage, it triggers the same behavior.

Emmy

• George says:

Hi Emmy,

Yes, I agree with the argument that SO are shared amongst all browser, but if you want, your app can easily distinguish which browser was used to to create it (append it to the SO name, or include in it), but with removing it’s impossible, they will all be gone.

As a developer I usually have a “dev browser” in which I clear cache and cookies very often to test the behavior of my apps, but I sure wouldn’t like to lose all the stored state information in all the browsers.

Appreciate your fast response,
        George

52. Pingback: Flash player 10.3 is now available | Flash Enabled Mobile and Consumer Devices

53. Denny W says:

I just purchased a Viewsonic ViewPad 7 running Android 2.2 and was disappointed that it doesn’t run previous releases of Flash. Then I saw your announcement of the release of 10.3 and thought that was happy timing. Did the download, but it wont install, with an error message that says it’s not supported on my device. Is this an Adobe problem or a Viewsonic problem? A Viewsonic engineer told me they are working on it. Have you any idea of a target date when we might expect to see Flash working on this platform? Thx. Denny

54. Dr. Richard Bibbee says:

I just downloaded Adobe Flash player for windows7 ie9 – this is the worst product I have ever seen – it flickers everywhere and automatically plays videos I have no clue from where!! You should be ashamed for causing so many people to lose so much productivity messing with this crap!

55. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 And More « geekytechguy

56. Roy says:

Trying to download to the Motorola Xoom in Dubai, but there’s an error: “not available in your country”. Is this a phased roll-out?

57. Keegan says:

Hello, I’ve been trying to install the flash player app from the android market to my asus transformer. I get an error message saying it is not available in my country. I’m located in Trinidad and Tobago, can i expect this to be available sometime soon. Flash is a big part of the reasons for me getting an android device.

58. james says:

We just purchased new Dell 580, set it up and installed programs, yesterday had Adobe Flash Update when starting, trusted Adobe-updated: now a new working system is flickering flash video in the upper left screen and is not working…..uninstall-but cannot use video…whats happening, called vendor said Adobe problem contact them..Adobe charges to talk to you…cant believe this…..

59. Jimmy says:

I too agree with many of those who posted comments regarding the latest version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3.x, Its horrible! The flickering is beyond reason & acceptability. I can only speculate that “Team Adobe” is proud of their most recent product–and maybe it works for them and a percentage of users–but its not working for me! Please, just give us the option to use a previous version–like the one I had a few days ago before I updated this mess!

60. Vivien Palcic says:

Once again, when updating to this latest version, the install dialog continues to lack full accessibility for blind people relying on screenreaders. One button is labeled “Q” (which I’m guessing is for “quit”), another is labeled “i” (presumably for “install”, another is just being read as “button” by my screenreader. Then I click the “i” button, only to go round and round in circles with this meaningless dialog, sometimes only showing the “q” and the indecipherable button which my screenreader just reads as “button”. How long does it take to just deliver a simple, no-frills, accessible dialog where I can know exactly what’s going on? The only reason this garbage of a product is still on my Windows machine in the first place is because of the occasional site I visit which insists on using Flash, and that has only served to mess up the perfectly accessible set-up they used to have on their site. (I’ve already removed Adobe Reader, thanks to its clunky, unstable behaviour!)

61. Kristi says:

I’m going to second others calling for ARMv6 support! I have an off-brand tablet with a ARMv6 CPU rated at 800MHz running a rooted Gingerbread 2.3.1 firmware. This chip has an integrated video processor, btw, and plays full 1080p HD video files without any issues.

I have side-loaded Flash 10.3 to my tablet (because it isn’t available to me in Market) and it successfully installs, but no browser can use it or even detect it is installed – I’m assuming – because the CPU isn’t officially supported. I’ll grant that maybe FLV files might be choppy on it (I have tested a third-party FLV player app – yes it plays the videos badly but only because it can’t access the hardware accelerated video processor, however in theory a Flash plugin in the browser should since anything in the browser has full hardware acceleration).

Of course there is plenty of Flash content out there that ISN’T video, so even if it wasn’t great for FLV files on an ARMv6 CPU you would think it should be fine for a lot of lower-overhead SWF files. But you won’t even let those of us with this CPU even TRY. Where is a “developer” version without restrictions those of us a little more adept than the average user could try to get running on our hardware? I mean, jeez, people are willing to do the legwork FOR you for FREE if you’d only let them.

Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6! Support ARMv6!

62. Flash Gav says:

But when will Flash support Microphone / Webcam?

It already works in AIR, why not Flash too? Will it ever be supported? Please let us know.

• Emmy Huang says:

We don’t yet have access to the camera and microphone through the browser on Android. Yes, we’d love to support it.

• Blake says:

Thanks for this comment, Emmy…helps to explain the holdup in supporting these media features. What about Mozilla’s browser implementation — does it expose the camera and mic?

63. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 (PC World) | HackerMuslim.com

64. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 (PC World) | searchnews.us

65. Telo says:

Too bad I cant even find flash player on adroid market

66. Shankar says:

I don’t think whether it’s useful for other non android mobile devices… (IPAD etc..)

67. chi says:

There is no direct answer to question rasied by Flash Gav dated May 24. A bit disappointed…. I think there are many people out there who want to know the timeframe when flash supports microphone and camera on Android. We are looking for some applications like Facetime but on Flash/Android’s smartphones or tablets.

68. nil says:

adobe falsh player güncellemesinde sorun yaşıyorum yardım

69. Vitalik says:

класная программа

70. lisa says:

I am also having trouble when I install Adobe Flash Player. I have a Sony VAIO 64-bit with Windows 9. The flickering, the spastic movement of my mouse and typing, the rearrangement of the sign-in boxes on my MLS log-in screen (I’m a Realtor), the giant pop-up ads that will NOT go away and make it impossible to read the text on the screen I am trying to look at drive me insane!!!

My only solution is to install Flash Player when required, then Uninstall it when I leave that particular web page.

I sure would like to be notified of when this is fixed, or notified of a way to use another flash player.

• Emmy Huang says:

Your symptoms sound like you may have a virus that is unrelated to this issue. Please look into running a reputable virus scanner.

• Henk says:

It has nothing to do with a virus. It is about a bug in the latest update. If there is not a bug, why is there te bugfix 10.3.181.16 ?

• Emmy Huang says:

The update fixes two specific bugs:
          1) issue with blocklisting certain versions of Intel HD drivers and the software fallback not engaging correctly, which caused the SWF content to render in the top left corner of the IE9 window
          2) When entering full screen and then exiting, you see the symptoms of issue #1 re-occuring.

If users are seeing issues in other browsers, still seeing an issue either with the same symptoms or new ones, please file a bug.

If users are seeing advertising pop-up windows, or moving the mouse, etc that those are not related symptoms of these known issues. Users should also verify whether the strange behavior (e.g. pop-up ads) exist when Flash content is not on the page, or the strange behavior exists when no Flash Player is installed, because then it is a different and potentially non Flash Player related issue. My concern for Lisa was that she could potentially have a virus and I did not want her to be misled into thinking a Flash Player update would resolve her problem.

71. Pingback: Adobe Gives Users Control of Privacy with Flash Player 10.3 | Technology News

72. Pingback: Industry News: Week 20 2011 | Flash Video Traning Source

73. Pingback: Mejoras en Adobe Flash Player 10.3

74. Pingback: Industry News: Week 20 2011 | All of Cyber

75. Leslie Aday says:

What do you need to play little music videos on facebook ?

76. Sal DiLisio says:

Like the other users above, I just installed Adobe Flash Player. The flickering that occurs
    will drive you crazy. The pop up advertising of products doesn’t help either.

77. Pingback: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Released with New Privacy Protection | Digital Stripe

78. Pingback: Тест и обзор Motorola Xoom: первый планшетный ПК на Android | Лаборатория Чеканова

79. drMikey says:

I tried to email Adobe about my new AIR for Android APP, but it bounced back. Here is the info!

It’s a word game called Conveyor.

There is a video (with no sound?) here:

The game is here: https://market.android.com/details?id=air.conveyor

Working with AIR has really helped. As a hardcore AS3 dev, this is
    really the only way I would have made the leap onto mobile. I’ll
    probably be using AIR to port this over to iOS soon, and the Playbook
    (if I can manage to get my hands on one for testing!)

drMikey

80. sachin sakhare says:

I have samsung pop GT S 5570. Sir i am unable to install flash player on my android 2.2.
    Can you please tell me from where i download flash player

81. why does it take so long to download the flash player had it on for an hour and nothing happened please i need to download this flash thanks

82. Mary N says:

I hope this is not a totally lame question but it says can be used on desktop and android, can it be used on a laptop? I was told by my anti virus software that there was a problem with my old Adobe Flash player and it recommended I update to this version.

83. Chris S. says:

Installing flash player from the ansroid market does not work at this time. I purchased an lg optimus s today hoping to have flash. It is frustrating when you buy a phone you expect tko have flash but doesnt. It is a file error while installing. Thank you so much

84. zach baker says:

hey um i have a android 2.2 and my phone downloads the flash player but it wont install plz help

85. mike herrera says:

i am unable to play games on facebook from my android htc thunderbolt can u please try to help me out with the problem its telling me to upgrade my adobe flash player and i already have adobe flash player 10.3

86. ron says:

what is the problem with flash on the galalaxt tab 10.1? It says it,s installed but will not work.

87. panya rorsoongnoen says:

Good

88. brian says:

Hey does ne one know how or if u can download the adobe flash playr 10.3 for your phone