We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Adobe Gaming SDK version 1.3, part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you have any interest in creating games, media rich experiences, or applications on either mobile or desktop platforms, the Gaming SDK is a great way to get started. We’ve added some amazing open source frameworks, great tools, easy to follow tutorials and examples. Everything is packaged in a single download and geared to get you up and running in minutes. Best of all, it’s absolutely free!
The 1.3 release includes new features and updates for all framework components, including:
- Mobile Workers (concurrency) BETA – Android
- AIR Mobile support for background execution in “Direct” render mode
- AIR Support for iOS7 and Mac OS 10.9
- Starling – Updated to 1.4.1
- Feathers – Updated to 1.1.1
- Away3D – Updated to 4.1.5
- Away Builder – Updated to 1.0
- Dragon Bones – Updated to 2.4
- AIR SDK and Compiler – Updated to 3.9
For more information on the most recent changes to Flash and AIR, please see the Flash Player 11.9 and AIR 3.9 release notes.
Please visit our showcase page to see some examples of the great games developers have been able to create with the Flash Runtime.