What is Flash Professional CC?

Renaissance.

Although I said that casually, but I am sure the word means something unique to each one of you. For those who think the term sounds alien, before you pop-open Google, Renaissance means rebirth or reincarnation. Commonly, it refers to the cultural movement that began (roughly during 14th century) in Italy and spread right across Europe. Renaissance was that rare phenomenon, which laid a foundation for revolution, restructuring, progress, and ultimately, prosperity.

Adobe Flash Professional CC, a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud offering, has been completely re-engineered, quite literally from ground-zero. Effectively, it’s the true renaissance of your very own Flash Pro. It’s been in the making for a few years now, and we are extremely pleased and proud to present it along with other stunning applications of Creative Cloud.

That said, a pertinent question, what is Adobe Flash Professional CC all about, really? Well, here’s a dip-stick view of it.

fl_64bitThe Architecture, MAC-friendliness, and the Boost (a la NOS!)

Flash Pro CC is a comprehensively refactored, modular, 64-bit application. During the course of this release, the entire code-base was refreshed to turn Flash Pro in to a native cocoa application.

This refactoring brings in dramatic changes to how Flash Pro performs. It now delivers unprecedented speed and stability. Large files are not only easily manageable, but can also be published ever so quickly. You will also observe that the timeline is highly-responsive, as you begin to work with Flash Pro CC.

fl_HighDef

We’re HD, and quite gloriously so

Ever considered exporting all the rich content you create to a full HD output? Well, you can more than just consider, now. Flash Pro CC allows you to export all content, from nested timelines to script-driven animations, to an HD output seamlessly. All this, with zero loss of frames!

fl_flToHtml5

HTML5, from within

The Toolkit for CreateJS is now fully integrated with Flash Pro, and is enhanced to support publishing of buttons, motion curves, and hit-areas to HTML5. Your content can now be completely seamlessly converted to HTML5 (thanks to umpteen bug fixes on Toolkit for CreateJS), and yet, preserve the richness and interactivity.

fl_dark_UI

It’s black or white

Choose to work with dark or light user-interface themes with Flash Pro CC. The streamlined user-interface, with intuitive dialogs and panels, centers your focus fully on the stage and content.

fl_HiDPI

Rich, crisp, and a lot of detail with Hi-DPI
The Flash Professional user-interface supports Hi-DPI displays, including high resolution retina display available with MacBook Pro. This dramatically improves visual fidelity and screen resolution adding a lot more detail to how Flash Pro is displayed.

fl_publishToMultipleDevices

Work with multiple devices

Imagine being able to work with multiple devices of varying screen sizes, configurations, and capabilities – simultaneously. Flash Pro CC enables seamless publishing of AIR applications to iOS devices connected via USB.

fl_unlimited_pasteboard

Unlimited, unending, and infinite

With unlimited pasteboard/work-area you can manage infinitely large backgrounds and off-stage. While working with unlimited work-area, you can also shift your focus back to the stage using the Center-to-stage option.

fl_timeline

Efficient beyond measure

With several key enhancements made to timeline and drawing tools, Flash Pro CC brings in a high degree of workflow efficiency, particularly for designers and animators.

• Distribute objects on Stage to individual keyframes each with the click of a button
  • Swap multiple symbol instances or bitmaps with any other symbol or bitmap preserved in the library or created on Stage
  • Set properties to multiple layers simultaneously
  • Mark multiple layers as guides or masks
  • Work in full screen mode without panels or toolbars to distract you
  • Proportionally expand or contract timeline ranges
  • Move Timeline ranges across the timeline with the length intact
  • Preview colors live when using drawing tools and color picker
  • Use the time-saving in-line controls for graphic filters

fl_AS_editor

Comment, uncomment, comment

Take full advantage of intelligent code commenting along with the completely simplified ActionScript Editor interface.

SyncSettings_flWhere ever you go, your settings follow you

You can now sync preference (s) settings to Creative Cloud and download across two machines when working with Flash Pro. This allows you to apply all your preferences on two different machines at one-go! (for example, computers at work and home.)

22 Responses to What is Flash Professional CC?

1. In the last months, every time I heard “Flash is dead” I was thinking, “Flash is not dying, it just need evolve”, and that´s exactly what just happened, congrats!!!

2. Scott Berfield says:

Does this mean that they will finally fix the code hinting and debugger bugs that have persisted for more than a year with no response?

3. It’s so good to see flash continues to adapt to change.

4. Jon Hopkins says:

Please Adobe, dont burn your developers, your grassroots, again. I hope this is a success, open-source
    is your friend. Dont forget the Flex user base too, share the love!

5. Would be decent to see it featuring Firesworks’ CSS export feature.

6. But yes amazing stuff, it made my day to see this.

7. Sander Kessels says:

THE most anticipated feature in Flash is a proper working ‘export to HTML5′ function. CreateJS in Flash CS6 did not do this job very well with even the most basic animations compared to Google Swiffy, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjEVWYsoF6A to see what I mean. I sincerely hope that this time Flash will deliver HTML5 animations in the same quality as Google Swiffy can, with workable code… Google shows it is possible.

8. Matt says:

Why under ‘work with multiple devices’ does it only mention IOS. Android should take a big focus in multi-platform/screen messaging. Is BB10 happening?

• Suhas says:

Hi Matt,

Flash Professional CC supports multi-device publishing on Android devices too. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regards,
      Suhas Yogin

9. shihas says:

website optimization ???

10. Andrew says:

Why did you remove AS2 functionality?! I use Flash a lot for creating banners and many ad specifications don’t allow for Flash with AS3 in them.

11. Coty says:

Hi Suhas, Flash CC crash immediately when I try to open the new file (under Mac OS 10.6.8), any thought?

• meenakshi says:

Hi,

Are you able to repro the crash every time, you try to open a new file?
      will it be possible for you to send the crash log

Regards,
      Meenakshi

12. Adam says:

Hi guys,

You guys at Adobe, you have always done a exelent job. I love all your software. Your reputation is brilliant.
    But the missing features in Flash CC just forces me to use CS6.

I have just purchased the anual subscription of CC and I have found out that I can’t use it for my work.
    The new features and black interface are all great, I love them. But the features which were dropped from previous versions are really something that forces me to use Flash CS6.

I’m a flash game developer and I do stuff all around graphics & animations. I prepare all graphics in Photoshop and then I import it into flash, set instance names, class names, animate everything and so on…

Flash CC is missing a lot of features which were dropped. Here are two of them which I miss the most (and I’m not able to work without them):

Feature 1 – Motion Editor:
    Without this, we animatiors are not able to do our job properly.
    The animations just doesn’t look good and natural.
    I have Motion Editor all the time in my projects. I also use it in Aftrer Effects.
    You can ask any animator – what would he do without Motion Editor. His answer would be: “Certainly, I wouldn’t be able to animate.”
    Flash is also an animation program. Without Motion Editor – it’s impossible to create a good animation.

Feature 2 – PSD Import: Missing options for indivitual layers:
    In my case, I import all game assets from PSDs.
    While import in directly in CS6 I had an ability to:
    – select which layers I want to import
    – add Instance Name for selected layers
    – option of setting the quality individually
    That Way I didnt have to set everything in my PSDs everytime I had to import something new.
    It enabled me to save so much time.
    And now in Flash CC I will have to do everything manually – and somethimes I will cause errors because I will not be able to see everything at one place.

Well, I just hope that all the features were dropped because they were building Flash CC form the scratch and just didn’t have enough time to finish all features.
    You are doing a great software.

Regards,

Adam

• ONY says:

This!!! And the bones tool, why is it so hard for adobe to communicate with its customers?? We just want to know why they where removed and if they are coming back. Adobe just has 0 communication….

13. Fred says:

I have an opportunity to take a training course based on Flash CS 6. Are CS 6 and CC similar enough that the training course would be worth it or are they drastically different?

• meenakshi says:

Hi Fred,

Please look out for following things, while taking training tutorials:
      1. Flash CC does not support AS2.
      2. The features(new/supported) in Flash CC.

Regards,
      Meenakshi

14. Azac says:

Hi ,nice info

15. Alex says:

Is the new one support custom metada, I’ really just care about that.