Jul 24, 2012/Crash, Errors, Flash Professional CS5.5, General, Troubleshooting/
You may encounter errors when you attempt opening or saving files using Flash Professional CS5.5. This article explains about the errors and Flash CS5.5 updater released to handle such errors.
Firstly, here’s a list of all forum threads that were posted reporting similar issues:
|“Flash cannot parse this document”||http://forums.adobe.com/message/3564708#3564708|
|“Failed to open document” error when trying to open file”||http://forums.adobe.com/message/3593589#3593589|
|“An error occurred opening file…” error when trying to open file||http://forums.adobe.com/message/3593589#3593589|
|“Failed to open document”||http://forums.adobe.com/message/3603110#3603110|
|Unexpected File Format. Unable to open a file||http://forums.adobe.com/message/3714690#3714690|
To address the above problem, Adobe released an updater for Flash Pro CS5.5 (version 11.5.1). This solves the issues related to XFL file corruption.
Adobe Update Description
9/15/2011 – This updater contains fixes for opening and saving some Flash Professional files (FLAs) in CS5.5 and other bug fixes.
Known Issues with the Adobe Updater
• CS5 & CS5.5: symbol saved in XFL format (compressed or uncompressed) is corrupted if its name has special character.
• Window only: XFL Compressed: Data loss when saving to a file with hidden checkbox checked in the Window OS properties dialog.
• Window only: XFL Uncompressed: cannot save fla error when saving .xfl fla with hidden checkbox checked in the Window OS properties dialog.
• (Win Only ) Unable to save a file on Network / desktop once we get unable to save error message while saving a fla to xfl 2nd time.
Recovering the damaged or corrupt files
- Change the extension of .fla to .rar.
- Open it using the WinRAR application.
- Winrar throws a warning stating that you attempted to open damaged archive, you can safely Ignore the warning.
- Go to Tools->Repair Archive. This ensures that the archive and hence, the FLA is repaired.
- Change the extension to .fla.
Known issues in Flash Professional CS5.5
Here’s the complete list: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/known-issues-flash-cs5-5.html