Jul 17, 2012/Flash Professional CS6, General/
If you are using Flash Professional CS6, you may encounter the following error when trying to install an AIR app published from Flash.
“This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance.”
Publishing to AIR – General Introduction
The above problem arises when the same application is exported with different certificates and the new air application which is being installed conflicts with the old one.
Steps to resolve the above issue -
Verify if the AIR application you were trying to install is already present on the system. To do so:
- Search for the application from its APP Name which is specified in the “AIR Settings” dialog and make sure that the application is completely uninstalled from the system.
- Install the AIR application again.
Change the Application ID (APP ID – App ID is the identifier string for the application) in the Application Settings of the AIR Application
- Change the ID of the application in the application xml file and install it as a brand new app as if it had never been installed before.
Create a new certificate for the AIR application. Steps for doing so:
- On the Signature tab, make the following settings:
Certificate: Point to another valid AIR code-signing certificate or click the Create button to create a new certificate. Enter the certificate password in the Password field.
- Use this brand new certificate for signing the AIR application.
- Compile the App with the new certificate.