Flash Player 10.2.152.32 (Win) and 10.2.152.33 (Mac)

Between Incubator and the 10.3 release, we FORGOT to post our first release update to the Runtime Releases blog. Sorry for the confusion, and the release notes will be updated this week.

Flash Player 10.2.152.32 (Windows) and 10.2.152.33 (Mac) addresses critical bugs, primarily related to video hardware acceleration:

* Windows users with systems using NVidia Optimus technology which has two GPUs that switch dynamically depending on the graphics operation would occasionally see a black screen when trying to view video in fullscreen (2745863). (My error: this is still a known issue that we are working on with NVidia)

* On Windows systems, AMD/ATI GPUs would not engage hardware decoding while watching H.264 video, causing a decrease in performance (2806826).

* Browser tab operations, such as switching between tabs playing video or closing many tabs displaying video, may have caused rendering problems or even a crash (2801091).

* Attempts to upload multiple files from an Apple Macintosh computer would fail due to a disk write error.     However, on Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 systems, users may continue to find a limit on the amount of data they can upload at one time (2812090).

UPDATE: Release Notes have been updated on Adobe.com

11 Responses to Flash Player 10.2.152.32 (Win) and 10.2.152.33 (Mac)

1. Todd Dominey says:

“However, on Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5 systems, users may continue to find a limit on the amount of data they can upload at one time.”

That’s a pretty major ‘however’. What’s the plan for fixing this for 10.5/10.4? Plenty of people out there using older versions of OS X.

• Emmy Huang says:

@Todd

This is an existing limitation that we were calling out in this context. We fixed the issue where multiple file uploads did not work on Mac at all. The issue of some large file uploads failing is not new — when a user tries to upload a file that exceeds available memory the operation will fail. We wanted to call it out as this fix doesn’t address the out of memory issue. It works fine on 10.6 and we are investigating the root cause on the older OS, but I can’t guarantee that we can fix it.

2. CarlD says:

I cannot seem to create an RSS feed to http://blogs.adobe.com/flashruntimereleases as I had with say PSIRT. Even the Labs page just use the URL I copied and pasted.

• Emmy Huang says:

Which browser are you using? Some browsers don’t seem to be showing that we have an RSS feed.

3. Pingback: Вторник обновлений и т. д. | Rusecurity.com

4. Windows on ATI is still broken. Doesn’t Adobe have QA? Shouldn’t you at least check the bug before declaring it fixed? http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-6136.

5. Raymond Elkin says:

I have installed Windows 7 onto my Apple Imac which has 64 bits. Can I download, install and use Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32 or something else?

Please advise. Thank you.

• Emmy Huang says:

Hi,

Flash Player is not yet available as a native 64-bit plugin, however Windows 7 provides 32-bit Internet Explorer as the default browser. Firefox is also 32-bit. You can install Flash Player here: get.adobe.com/flashplayer

regards,
      Emmy

6. Michael says:

Well a new flash player is great and all, but what the hell happen to the sound. You tube, local news channels will not play sound at all. It is not my sound card, I’ve tested that already. Google chrome plays youtube just fine and everything else via video player. I have not found any help out there or any way to resolve this problem. It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve installed it or so. and if I do system restore, I’ll loose stuff I don’t want to.
    I’m using Windows Vista 32-bit.

7. J. R. says:

Well it appears Adobe has befoozled things again with their latest Flash fix. I’m so tired of having to download a Flash fix or repair every few weeks that I’m just going to remove Flash from my computer and learn to live sans Flash!

• Emmy Huang says:

@Michael – is this on the YouTube site only, or all websites? Can you provide more information: url where sound isn’t working, browser and specific version info, reproducible steps for the issue.

@ J.R. – can you provide more detail on what is not working for you?