The Flash Player Incubator is also being updated today, highlighting new technologies and APIs that will provide further enhancements for performance, security, as well as support video and Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions. See detailed feature descriptions on Adobe Labs, let us know what you think on the Incubator forum or report bugs.
Check out the following features:
Media/Real Time Communications
- G.711 audio compression for telephony
- H.264/AVC SW Encode for camera encoding
- GC Advice
- Socket Progress Events
- Pause/sleep/resume Events
- Disabling Reference Counting
- Secure random number generator
Additional features still available in the Incubator include:
3D and Drawing APIs
- Stage 3D (“Molehill”) 3D APIs
- Cubic Bezier Curves
For more information on these features, see the Flash Player Incubator release notes.