This release addresses compatibility issues that were encountered with Flash Player 10.3.183.5. These include:
- Flash Player 10.3.183.5 Shared library/gotoAndPlay() or gotoAndStop() bug (2940617)
- Textfields are displaying text vertically in 10.3.183.5 release (2941694)
- Massive Animation Slowdown following install of FP 10.3.183.5 (2941759)
- Flash Player 10.3.183.5 MSI installers do not install Windows Control Panel applet (2940568)
- Flash player 10.3 displays a black screen (2943064)
- Sound repeating and building up bug (2941616)
- Flash applications at certain websites (http://www.justin.tv & http://heylenmichel.de) now load correctly (2939645, 2944081)
For additional information on this release, see the following forum post. The latest version of Flash Player for desktop is 10.3.183.7. The latest version of Flash Player for Android is 10.3.186.6.
Today we released Flash Player 11 Beta 2 for desktop and Adobe AIR 3 Beta 2 for desktop on Adobe Labs. The updated beta of Adobe AIR 3 now includes the AIR SDK so that developers can build desktop and mobile applications using the new capabilities available in AIR 3.
Today we released updates to Flash Player & Adobe AIR.
- Flash Player Desktop: 10.3.183.5
- Flash Player Android: 10.3.186.3
- Adobe AIR Desktop & Android: 220.127.116.111
This release includes compatibility updates that address the following two issues in Flash Player desktop:
- On Mac OS X Lion, the Flash Player Settings dialog box does not respond to mouse clicks
- Using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, audio may stop playing after switching tabs
For more information, please refer to the Flash Player 10.3 Release Notes and 2.7 Developer Release Notes.
In addition, this release includes security improvements that will benefit all users. This update includes security enhancements described in Security Bulletin APSB11-21.
The Flash Player Incubator is also being updated today, highlighting new technologies and APIs that will provide further enhancements for performance, security, as well as support video and Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions. See detailed feature descriptions on Adobe Labs, let us know what you think on the Incubator forum or report bugs.
Check out the following features:
Media/Real Time Communications
- G.711 audio compression for telephony
- H.264/AVC SW Encode for camera encoding
- GC Advice
- Socket Progress Events
- Pause/sleep/resume Events
- Disabling Reference Counting
- Secure random number generator
Additional features still available in the Incubator include:
3D and Drawing APIs
- Stage 3D (“Molehill”) 3D APIs
- Cubic Bezier Curves
For more information on these features, see the Flash Player Incubator release notes.
Today, we are very excited to introduce the Adobe AIR and Flash Player Incubator program. The AIR and Flash Player Incubator is a place for the Adobe Flash Runtimes team to share with developers features that are under development or experimental in order to get early participation, testing, and feedback from the community. The AIR and Flash Player Incubator is for developers that are interested in testing out the bleeding edge of runtime capabilities and contributing to the future of the platform. Keep in mind that the new features and functionalities in Incubator builds may or may not be supported in a future release of the runtimes.
We will use this blog to share announcements about new Incubator builds. For each new Incubator drop, we will highlight the features we are looking for feedback on. Incubator builds will contain features under consideration, development, or just experiments. By providing feedback on the features, use cases or things you will create, you will help us shape the future of the Flash runtimes. New features in the first builds provided today :
- “Molehill” 3D APIs (A new set of low-level, GPU-accelerated 3D APIs that enable advanced 3D experiences across devices through the Adobe Flash Platform runtimes).
- Cubic bezier curves (Using the cubicCurveTo drawing API, developers can easily create cubic beziers without requiring custom ActionScript code).
To log bugs about issues found in Incubator builds, please use the Adobe bugbase at bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer and select Flash Player 11 for the version. Please file bugs for highlighted features and new bugs for current released features.
We look forward to your feedback about the Incubator program and cannot wait to see what you guys will create with the Incubator builds. Don’t forget to subscribe to the Incubator tag for updates!
To learn more about this initiative, check the following article, entitled “Changing the web, again” on my blog.
Welcome! The Adobe Flash Platform Runtime Releases Blog, will be the place where we will share our announcements about new AIR and Flash Player runtimes availability. We encourage developers to subscribe to the blog and related tags so you can easily keep up-to-date with the latest releases of Adobe AIR and Flash Player.
Here are the tags we will use and what they will be used for:
Release: current releases available on Adobe.com.
Release versions: a post that follows a defined format that will tell you what the current release versions of AIR and Flash Player.
Beta: announcements about what’s in beta on Adobe Labs.
For bugs on released versions, please use the Adobe bugbase at bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer and select the appropriate version. For bugs on beta versions, please use the appropriate forums on Adobe Labs.