Flash Player 10.2.156.12 is now available for download on Android Market. This is a production GA (General Availability) release for Android 2.2 (Froyo) and 2.3 (Gingerbread) devices and an initial beta release for Android 3.0.1+ (Honeycomb) tablets that include Google’s system update (from 3.0 to 3.0.1). Learn more about this release here: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2011/03/flash-player-10-2-now-available-for-mobile-devices.html.
New features include:
- Hardware accelerated video presentation for H.264 (Android 3.0.1+ only) *
- Deeper integration with the Android browser rendering engine (Android 3.0.1+ only)
- Improved scrolling of web pages
- Support for instances where HTML and other web content is composited over Flash Player rendered content. Flash Player rendered content will continue to be placed in a separate window on top of HTML in the Android 2.2 and 2.3 browsers, as these browsers do not support the new Android 3.0 browser rendering model.
- Performance improvements designed to take advantage of the current generation of multi-core, GPU*-enabled processors to deliver Flash videos
- Automatic soft keyboard support
The release notes for Flash Player 10.2 can be found here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/895/cpsid_89556.html.
*These features have been turned off for the beta release of Flash Player 10.2.