Flex Builder on Mac will support Intel and PPC

The Engineering team has authorized this announcement.

There is no announced beta or release date at this time.

17 Responses to Flex Builder on Mac will support Intel and PPC

1. Agron says:

Hey, there is a Mac plugin for Flex Builder 2. Would that work on LINUX version of Eclipse???Thanks

2. Adam Cimarosti says:

Port it to Linux! Please 😀

3. DARRYL CLAY says:

AS I HAVE NOTICED IN THE PAST… THE FLEX TEAM IS UNSURPASSED IN ITS ABILITY TO STEP-UP AND HAVE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION READILY AVAILABLE… THE POSSIBILITIES OF AN UPDATE WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION, WHICH IS REQUIRED, SOURCED FROM A RELIABLE DATA BASE WOUD MAKE THIS FLEX TEAM RENOUNED IN ALL SECTORS… SOURCES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SUCH AN UPDATE FEED SHOULD HAVE A LINK THAT INDIVIDUALS COULD ACCESSS…MODERN MEDIA SEARCH ENGINES HAVE ACCESS TO SUCH INFORMATION AND WOULD BE ABLE TO ACCURATELY UPDATE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION PAGES…THE FLEX TEAM WOULD BENEFIT GREATLY FROM THIS…

4. Jean-Michel Decombe says:

Support for Flex 2 with XCode would be great. At least a set of instructions on how to set up the whole thing properly. Thanks!

5. Matt Chotin says:

End of the year is still a little over 3 months away. Be calm grasshopper.

6. IsaacDM says:

Come on guys!you said you where trying ti get a release at the end of the year waiting on the 3.2 release of eclipse.we’re almost in october and yet nothing…is there really going to be a release before the year ends?(release, beta, whatever)(hope im not taking rude, in the faq i read later on the year and since its ending i want to know what really will happenthanksNadvanceBeWell

7. Mark Learst says:

Little late in the game but for anyone out there running Intel based Macs, try running Flex under Parallels. It actually runs really well and I’m completely impressed with the stability and speed. To be completely honest I’ve switched to working in Parallels running Flash 8/9 alpha and Flex, mainly Flash running on Parallels runs circles around Flash running on Rosetta.If you give Parallels a shot make sure you install the Parallel Tools, that makes a big difference (Also use the latest beta, it runs flawless).http://parallels.com

8. pan69 says:

If it comes out for Linux, I’ll buy it! Guess we’ll have to wait for the FP9 for Linux first 🙂

9. orgreeno says:

I called Adobe and asked about the platform license transfer. They said that you just have to pay shipping costs and they will give you the same version on Mac.I’m assuming that there won’t be another release before the Mac version arrives, so buying the Windows version now will just mean a minor charge to cross-grade.

10. Well, hopefull this means Linux FB2 is closer, because intel mac is basicaly just *nix :-)And licenses had better be transferable betwen the same version on a different O/S too.

11. Gustavo says:

Does enybody knows if Adobe is planning to release some FlexBuilder for Linux??? I thing that if FlexBuilder 2 is based on Eclipse, may be we can think about linux version… not yet???

12. Here’s hoping my already purchased license transfers…using Flex 2 under Parallels is bit awkward

13. Tim Wilson says:

Thanks for passing this on 🙂

14. Chris Griffith says:

Great news! Looking for to Vegas and possible goodies that might await us in the heat of the desert.

15. Bill Brown says:

I got excited because I thought Flex was going to be supported on Pocket PC.I’m guessing you mean Power PC chips.

16. Matt Chotin says:

I’m trying to work that out as we write.

17. Hans says:

Any word yet on whether a Windows license can be transfered to Mac yet? Trials are expiring. 🙁