2 new Flex utilities on Labs

We’ve placed 2 new utilities on Labs this afternoon.

First, some Flex Ant tasks which should be useful to everyone who does command-line or automated building of Flex applications (source is included). Second, the Flex Compiler Shell (FCSH) which s very useful for those not using Flex Builder to compile their apps on a regular basis.

You can get lots more info on the Labs pages. We hope you find these useful and feel free to send feedback!

ETA: A special note of thanks should go to Summer ’06 intern Spiros Eliopoulos who did the majority of the work on the Ant tasks. Spiros, you rule!

10 Responses to 2 new Flex utilities on Labs

1. Andy says:

Anyone hire us? We have more than 10 Adobe Flex programmers. Our rate is only 6 USD per hour. Our website ishttp://www.busycode.comThanks,Andy

2. blackshirt says:

editor doesn like xml so I had to remove tagsproject name=”My App Builder” default=’main’taskdef resource=”flexTasks.tasks” classpath=”C:/Ant/RouteAware/lib/flexTasks.jar”property name=”FLEX_ROOT” value=”C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 2/Flex SDK 2″property name=”FLEX_HOME” value=”C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 2/Flex SDK 2/frameworks/flex-config.xml”property name=”APP_ROOT” value=”.”target name=”main”mxmlc file=”${APP_ROOT}/HelloWorld.mxml”keep-generated-actionscript=”true”output=”${APP_ROOT}/Main.swf”>load-config filename=”${FLEX_ROOT}/frameworks/flex-config.xml”source-path path-element=”${FLEX_ROOT}/frameworks”mxmlctargetproject

3. Matt Chotin says:

The discussion on the labs page itself might have some answers.

4. blackshirt says:

downloaded the Flextasks.jar from the labs site. I copied the .jar to my Ant/1.6.5/lib directory and rebooted my computer. Then I created the build.xml file below. I get the error “Command not found: mxmlc”. At first I didnt think Ant understood the tag but when I added some properties to the tag I received messages that the mxmlc tag didnt support this property.So I think the issue is that the mxmlc.exe compiler is not being found. Its installed at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 2\Flex SDK 2\bin\ so I figured the “FLEX_ROOT” would help find this. If anyone could offer suggestions I would appreciate it.

5. Cristian says:

sin comentario

6. Matt Chotin says:

This is something that we’re working on but it won’t be available in the short-term. Sorry!

7. Great to see this steady stream of tools!Any chance of a Flex 2 profiler soon?Thanks!Reid

8. Luke says:

Glad you guy’s finally produced your own ANT tasks. I wasn’t probably going to update my flex2ant.org project anytime soon and your tasks look a lot more comprehensive.Congrats!