Flex 3 Beta is Here!

We are very pleased to announce that the first public beta of Flex 3 is now available on Labs! At the same time we are releasing the public beta of the Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) and the beta of Flash Player 9 Update 3. 3 releases chock-full of goodness. Since this is the Flex team’s blog let’s focus on Flex. Here’s what we’ve got:

1. Betas for Flex 3 SDK and Flex Builder 3
  2. Nightly builds for the Flex 3 SDK and Flex 2.0.1.
  3. Open source infrastructure including the new public bug system and planning wiki.
  4. A new car! (just kidding)

We have a number of resources for you to learn about Flex 3 on the Labs wiki including links to the documentation and introductions to the new features via writeups and videos! And what are those new features? Well Ted has been sneaking them all week, but just to reiterate some key ones:

• Built-in support for Adobe AIR
  • code refactoring
  • memory and performance profilers
  • SWF file size reduction using a persistent framework cache in Flash Player
  • advanced datagrid
  • CS3 and Flex integration

So what are you waiting for? GO GO GO!

P.S. As a favor to me (Matt) please go read my introductory article, I want to be at the top of the Dev Center stats for the month!

10 Responses to Flex 3 Beta is Here!

1. bubu says:

Can I use Flex3/Builder/Air to make a GUI application like MFC or Qt? I need pure C/C++ code ( no java, no .NET ). thx

2. fastway says:

Thanks, more improvements!

3. Where can I find code examples for adding, removing, and editing an item in the AdvancedDataGrid? I would also like to know how to refresh the grouping after the data for the groupfield has changed.

4. Andrea says:

Hi,I write here cause looks that anybody wants to answer me.I am a newbie to flex. Downloaded the flex 2 trial and then I discovered the beta 3 as eclipse plugin.Now after 30 days the beta version has expired….I mean is a prerelease.How can a prerelease expire…I even cannot buy the product.May you help me please?ThanksAndrea

5. Andy says:

Anyone hire us? We have more than 15 Adobe Flex programmers. Our rate is only 6 USD per hour. Our website is http://www.busycode.comMy email is: cogoing@gmail.comThanks,Andy

6. John Farrar says:

OK… will we be seeing the flex schedular components or anything like that? What is the statis pf that project?

7. Matt Chotin says:

Oops, fixed the labs-staging prob.If you have a Flex 2 Charting serial you should be able to apply your license and view the ADG source now.

8. justin says:

When will the source code for the AdvancedDataGrid be available?

9. Dope. I’m very excited at the IDE improvements.

10. labs-staging ? Is that right ?Oh, and *woo hoo* 🙂