We are very pleased to announce that the first public beta of Flex 3 is now available on Labs! At the same time we are releasing the public beta of the Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) and the beta of Flash Player 9 Update 3. 3 releases chock-full of goodness. Since this is the Flex team’s blog let’s focus on Flex. Here’s what we’ve got:
- Betas for Flex 3 SDK and Flex Builder 3
- Nightly builds for the Flex 3 SDK and Flex 2.0.1.
- Open source infrastructure including the new public bug system and planning wiki.
- A new car! (just kidding)
We have a number of resources for you to learn about Flex 3 on the Labs wiki including links to the documentation and introductions to the new features via writeups and videos! And what are those new features? Well Ted has been sneaking them all week, but just to reiterate some key ones:
- Built-in support for Adobe AIR
- code refactoring
- memory and performance profilers
- SWF file size reduction using a persistent framework cache in Flash Player
- advanced datagrid
- CS3 and Flex integration
So what are you waiting for? GO GO GO!
P.S. As a favor to me (Matt) please go read my introductory article, I want to be at the top of the Dev Center stats for the month!