Serial Numbers for Flex Builder 3

Just wanted to post a quick note apologizing for the issues we’re having with serial numbers with Flex Builder 3 Professional. We are currently working with our operations team to get the issue resolved. Apparently the system does not have serials loaded for FB3 Pro, so everyone is getting a notice saying to contact customer service. DO NOT WORRY. This should all be straightened out soon and you will be able to log back into the site to get your serial number without needing to contact customer service.

Additionally, if you have installed the release build and are getting a notice about the trial having expired, you will need to remove your old license.properties file from the beta. Simply delete the file found here:
Windows: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe\Flex\license.properties
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flex/license.properties

20 Responses to Serial Numbers for Flex Builder 3

1. Christina says:

so I havnt used flex 3 in AWHILE, but I really want to-I had my serial because I emailed and begged adobe because I was a student blah blah.. anyhow, now that id like to use it again what do I do?

2. Matt Sellars says:

I’m having the a similar issue on OSX(Snow Leopard). I installed the FB3 trial from the website. Then I bought FB3 Standard from Amazon. When I enter the serial number I get the green check box and the dialog says Standard Edition, however, the text saying “invalid serial number” still exists and registration won’t continue so I’m stuck in trial version land. I tried customer support but they won’t help me because I bought FB3 through Amazon. I had Amazon send me another copy of FB3 and I have the same issue. I’m hoping this gets resolved otherwise I’ll have to just get a refund and abandon Flex. I’m rather disgusted with Adobe customer support so I’m not sure I want to do business with adobe again.Matt sez: It’s likely that the account you’re using doesn’t have permission to edit the license.properties file. Make sure that you have permission to edit the file listed above.

3. Pontus Hulin says:

HiI have downloaded the Flex Builder 3 pro and licennumbers from the Adobe partners website. I have uninstalled my previous version, installed the new Flex Builder, but I do not get any question to enter a new serial number. How do i remove the old licens information and enter a new licens number?Matt sez: find the old license.properties file and delete it, you should then be able to re-enter the serial number

4. Jim G says:

Removing the license file from an earlier beta install also allowed me to enter my professional version serial number.

5. park hye mi says:

I need serial key for Adobe Flex 3.0

6. vidhya says:

I need serial key for Adobe Flex 3.0

7. Kris says:

Any word on the poster issue? I just installed Flex Builder 3 and the serial worked fine, but the poster form on the Adobe site keeps returning “Please enter a valid Flex Builder 3 serial number.” Guess what that field was pre-populated from my registration information. It is valid. Why won’t it let me order my posters?

8. Anil says:

Well I seem to be having a problem ordering my ActionScript 3 and Flex API posters even with a valid key. :(I ordered my copy of Flex Builder 3 last week, got it today, installed it successfully and it accepted the serial key.Went to the poster request page and it says my serial number is not valid.Mike, I sent an email regarding this issue as I don’t know if it is an isolated issue or not; however, my co-worker experienced the same problem when he tried to request posters using his valid key as well.

9. Luis says:

I got my problem(see above post) resolved byRemoving the file%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe\Flex\license.propertiesApparently it hung around even after uninstalling Flex 3 Standard.This allowed me to put in correct Professional serial number.-Luis-Luis

10. Luis says:

I’m having a major challenge. I mistakenly download the Flex 3 Standard upgrade instead of the Flex 3 Professional. I called adobe, submitted my “Letter of Software Destruction” to get my refund. In the mean time I bought the Flex 3 Professional upgrade (to upgrade my Flex 2 with charting). I went to update my eclipse. It says that my upgrade serial number is not valid. I’ve uninstalled Flex 3 standard, deleted the eclipse directory several times and I still see the Flex 3 Standard Serial number is still there and I get the same results when trying to upgrade. Called adobe, went through 3 people. The last one hung up on me.I’m using a vista machine.-Luis

11. Hi folks,the info provided about removing the license.properties file on Windows does not seem to be correct if you’re on Vista.The correct path is C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Adobe\Flex\license.propertiescheers,Christophe

12. Larry Mclister says:

Hi Brent,We have posted a couple of revised Mac DMGs that will resolve the issue people were seeing on Leopard. The MD5 sums for the new Mac builds are below.(Please ignore the one posted above.) The Windows MD5 sums have not changed.Thanks-LarryFB3_WWEJ_Plugin.dmg25CBFF29727A006ABE61165F7570DBAEFB3_WWEJ.dmg557670DB662EBE32660ED4DEE9B3147F

13. David says:

any idea on when the issue with the serial numbers will be resolved?

14. Matt says:

Hi Stephen,Yes, we found that the store team accidentally wrapped an additional DMG around ours, and it turns out that Leopard didn’t like that. We are removing the extra wrapper and will have that posted soon. Dragging the installer to the desktop and running from there seems to be the short-term workaround.Sorry for the inconvenience!

15. iBrent says:

Hi Mike,The problem is I don’t have a valid serial number yet. I ordered FB3 Pro late last night, and at 8:00 pm MST today, it still says “Contact Customer Service” where the serial number should be.(it was a joke about the posters… ;-)Brent

16. Stephen Buckley says:

Matt,It seems to be that if you run the installer from inside the original download the dialog box which says ““FB3_Plugin_Mac_Installer” is an application which was downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” does not get displayed correctly so the icon just bounces in the dock waiting for an input from you. Does not seem to like the nested disk images.I also saw one instance were installation stalled without a message to close the browser during the flash player plugin install.(Firefox was open in the background) but in this case I could take a guess at what it was waiting for. Leopard has its “lighter”(read funny peculiar) moments.Thanks for all the hard guys, I just phoned the Adobe Store and got them to ship the physical product instead since I had added the Documentation set to the order anyway.

17. Mike Potter says:

iBrent;Can you email me at mpotter@adobe.com? I want to track down the poster problem. I tried it today with a valid SN and it worked fine for me.Mike

18. iBrent says:

That fixed it! Though I did uninstall Flex Builder 2, delete the preferences file (Home/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.flexbuilder.plist) and rebooted before running the installer again. I’m not sure if those steps were necessary once I copied the installer from the dmg to the desktop, but I thought I’d share my experience.Thanks again!P.S. Yeah, I can’t wait to get my serial number, I tried to request my free Flex/AIR/Actionscript posters, but it wouldn’t take my serial number: “Contact Customer Service”:D

19. Matt says:

Hi Brent,I’m looking into the broken links too. For your install, please copy the installer out of the DMG and onto your desktop, then run the installer from the desktop. We think that should fix the issue.MAtt

20. iBrent says:

That’s good to hear. You guys (and gals) are doing great work. I bet it’s tons of fun when a new product is released…BTW, don’t worry about people contacting customer service, the link to email customer service is broken. ;-)Also, the FB3 mac installer isn’t working on 10.5. I’m still looking into it, but for the moment, it just bounces the installer icon up and down for a while, then says “Application is not responding”