Update on Flex, ActionScript, AIR Posters

Those of you waiting for Flex, ActionScript and AIR posters will have to wait a bit longer for them. We had a few last minute changes that we had to get in last week, and have now handed off the final files to the printer. They will be printing them over the next week or so, and we’ll need time to assemble the posters (and free offers from partners like O’Reilly, Figleaf and Lynda.com) into a bundle to ship out. We expect to be shipping the posters out the week of March 17th.

The posters are available to anyone who purchases a copy of Flex Builder 3 Standard or Professional. Once you’ve got your copy, go to Help -> Register Flex Builder… to register your copy and then follow the links to the poster form. You can also get to the registration page online.

If you’d like a copy of the posters and don’t want to buy Flex Builder, you can download a .zip file (warning: 97 MB file) with a print quality PDF in it, and print them at any printer.

– Mike Potter

21 Responses to Update on Flex, ActionScript, AIR Posters

1. farid says:

Hi guysthanks for everything.I can not download the poster .zip file .Pls help me.Regardsfarid valipour[You should be able to get them from http://flex.org/posters.zip%5D

2. Kirk says:

I just realized that I never got my posters. I did register, and I did fill out the form for the posters. Both a long time ago. Any idea what happened?Thanks!

3. Matt says:

Hi all,We’re working on this but many of us are out of the office this week due to family issues. Sorry, you’ll need to give us maybe till the end of the month to get it all worked out. Latest updates are on a later post.

4. Kris says:

Any word on the poster issue? I just installed Flex Builder 3 and the serial worked fine, but the poster form on the Adobe site keeps returning “Please enter a valid Flex Builder 3 serial number.” Guess what that field was pre-populated from my registration information. It is valid. Why won’t it let me order my posters?

5. Martin says:

It is STILL not possible to get posters with any of the Flex Builder 3 Professional serial numbers (none of our Flex developers has been successful) we have… We get the following error:The following error(s) must be corrected before this form can be completed:* Please enter a valid Flex Builder 3 serial number.Any thoughts on when this might be fixed?

6. Jeff Dafoe says:

Mike,Getting to the poster request form isn’t much use for MLP license holders, the form requires a Flex 3 license and it will not accept an MLP license number.-Jeff

7. same as kevin and others. i can register just fine, but when i try to get the poster it says “Please enter a valid Flex Builder 3 serial number.”

8. Mike Potter says:

If you can’t register your software, you can still get to the poster request form by going to:https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=postersThat may solve some of the problems people are encountering.Mike

9. Dusty says:

Hey Matt, Mark me down as someone who is hoping that the Volume Purchasers can still get their posters.And Congrats Jeff!

10. david says:

Hy JeffI have the same problem.When I try to register my cd-key, they said :This serial number has already been registered. Products can only be registered once.I hope we will be able to have poster.

11. Matt says:

Hi all,Mike is now on PTO since he is now a proud father. I will try to look into this but it may take a few days. Please be patient, we’ll try to work things out.Matt

12. Mike says:

…and me. Registered Flex 3 Pro fine, but when it comes to the posters it’s saying ” Please enter a valid Flex Builder 3 serial number.”

13. Jeff says:

Same thing here with the MLP license. We upgraded three licenses from 2.0 and bought two additional full ones and are quite eager for the poster to help our Flex n00bs.

14. Jari says:

Is there a way to get to the poster form after registration?I ordered the FB Pro upgrade from Adobe online and I guess it got registered automatically (or maybe I registered it can’t remember) and then I did not know about these posters. Now I only get the “product already registered” message and after login to my account cannot find the poster form. Or maybe this is US only offer.

15. nicolas says:

I had the same issue. I registered my serial for FB 3 pro yesterday, no problem. But when I tried to fill the form for the posters offer I got an ‘not a valid serial’ error. I want those beautifull posters to put them all over my walls, impressed my friends and upset my wife ! What can I do ?

16. Kevin says:

I experience the same issue as Paolo. Attempting to register a volume license yields the error “This is a volume serial number. Volume licenses are not registered. Click here for more information.” Under more information it indicates that volume licenses can be registered using in-product forms, however ‘Register Flex Builder’ opens the online form and not an in-application form like with CS3.Will Adobe look at all volume license order certificates and send posters accordingly or can we submit our requests in some manner? Thanks

17. Dan says:

I guess I should clarify: I was able to register fine, but it wouldn’t accept my educational serial number it for the poster offer.I actually cannot find my way back to the poster offer form since when I go to the main registration page it tells me my copy has already been registered. Is there a direct link to the form to request the posters?

18. Matt says:

All serials should work AFAIK. Andrew, we did a fair amount of re-organizing. The ones we had before were drafts that we were asking folks to review.

19. Dan says:

It also doesn’t seem to work for educational serial numbers. I know those weren’t “purchased” but is there any chance of getting those accepted as well?Thanks!

20. Andrew says:

Are there major difference then the previous version. I got a pdf a couple of weeks ago titled ‘allPosters.pdf’ which seems to be the same as this new pdf. The reason I ask is that I sent that other pdf to the printer. Thanks

21. Paolo says:

what about MLP license, I tryed to register but it said that MLP license can’t register, would I still get the poster?