Help the Flex team better understand who you are and what you’re working on. This information is incredibly valuable to us. Please take 20 minutes and fill out our survey:
You can also be awesome by passing this along. Thanks for your time and help!
Whether you are a bicycle racing fan or not, this is a very cool use of Flex and Data Services – http://tracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/. The Tour Tracker was developed using Adobe Flex® Builder™ and Adobe® LiveCycle®, and is meant to be an immersive Web application that incorporates live video, audio, and real-time data streams of the event. Tour viewers can select from multiple live, high-quality video streams delivered in Flash technology; view multiple picture-in-picture video streams; chat live with other fans; access live updates of photos and video clips during the race, and enjoy live commentary from cycling experts.
You can read the full press release here.
Christophe Coenraets blogged about this during the 2007 race where he describes how LiveCycle Data Services was implemented to bring this cool site to life. This year’s site has some new features but the basic architecture is the same. You can read Christophe’s article here.
The race is underway now so check it out!
When: February 10th – 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET / 6:00pm GMT (duration 1 hour and 15 minutes)
Find your time zone here.
Where: via Connect: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/foi/ (Please enter the room as a ‘guest’ using your First and Last name)
We invite you to partake in our iteration kick-off meetings. We’ll be reviewing decisions made in the last iteration and discussing the upcoming iteration – what we’ll be working on and open issues. This will be a chance for you to give us feedback on these items and to interact with the SDK engineering team.
10:30am – 11:15am : Flex team discusses past and future iterations
11:15am – 11:45am : Open up discussion to community for Q&A
- Please review the content to be presented (the Open Source site will be updated with this information) and post and vote on questions you may ahead of time here
- We’ll only be discussing the SDK – not Builder, Catalyst, Flash Player bugs, Obama, or Flash on the iPhone
- Please keep feedback relevant to this iteration’s content
- Fx prefix is an ongoing discussion that will NOT be discussed in this meeting and will be discussed via the forums
- If you’d like to dive deep into the implementation of a feature, we’d like to discuss this with you. However, given the time constraints of the meeting, please mention it during the session and we can continue this discussion via the forums.
Thank you for participating in the Flex Community Feedback Forum. We had over 200 individuals attend with numerous questions and comments. We’ll be working to make sure that the hot button items are addressed.
If you were unable to attend the session, the recording is available here.
We hope you will continue this discussion on the forums and that we’ll see you at our upcoming Open Iteration Meetings.
Thanks again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and participation.
Links to resources mentioned in the session:
Flex Open Source Site
Flex Open Source Forums
Bug / Feature Base
Nightly Builds – Flex 3
Nightly Builds – Gumbo