Flex SDK 3.5 Released

Flex SDK 3.5, the latest official build, has been released for a few weeks on the Flex Open Source site and can now also be found on the main Adobe.com downloads page with the updated data visualization components. We are not releasing a new version of Flex Builder, but the 3.5 version will work in Flex Builder using the multi-sdk feature.

This release supports the security updated runtimes of Flash Player 10.0.42 and AIR 1.5.3. Additionally, it includes key bug fixes in the SDK, which can be viewed here (please login to the bug system to see this list).

The Flex 3 Language Reference have also been updated to 3.5.

27 Responses to Flex SDK 3.5 Released

1. Hi Vera,just found out that my problems have been caused by a third-party library that had the AdvancedDataGrid compiled into it – however with an older version of datavisualization. After replacing that library the problems were gone.Best regards,Carsten

2. Vera Carr says:

Tom and Carsten,Please file bugs in the bug database: bugs.adobe.com/flex/.Thanks,Vera

3. Tom says:

Any chance that for 3.6 release we will see consistent use of datavisualiZation and datavisualiSation?I think this may have already been fixed for Flex 4.

4. Hi Vera,just noticed that the RSL issue does only occur, when I use the caching RSL (swz). It does not occur with the datavisualization standard RSL (swf).Carsten

5. Vera Carr says:

Carsten,My team was unfortunately unable to reproduce these issues. If you have additional bugs, please be sure to file them at bugs.adobe.com/flex/.Vera

6. Hi Vera,just noticed another problem in combination with the automation libraries (automation 3.5.0, flex 3.5.0): Each time I open a DataGrid an Exception is thrown, when the Flex Application is opened in Internet Explorer:Error: nullat mx.automation.qtp::QTPEnvironment/getAutomationClassByInstance()at mx.automation.delegates.controls::ListBaseAutomationImpl/recordListItemSelectEvent()at mx.automation.delegates.controls::ListBaseAutomationImpl/mouseClickHandler()This does not occur in Firefox or Google Chrome.Best regards,Carsten

7. Great work on the 3.5 SDK quite a few good/needed fixes. Any reason why this fix wasn’t included?https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXDMV-1438

8. Vera Carr says:

We’re investigating. We’ll reply once I have further information.

9. Hi Vera,thank you for the update. I just downloaded the datavisualization package from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flex3sdk, but I still experience runtime problems, when I run my application against datavisualization as RSL:First error:VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of addSelectionData in mx.controls.AdvancedDataGridBaseExFollowed by:ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable _709a3360346efb529a6eee092cea096985e31198dff79557ad98cf3a6a3c57a7_flash_display_Sprite is not defined.This does not occur, when I compile statically against the datavisualization.swc.

10. Vera Carr says:

Should be under /frameworks/libs/datavisualization.swc

11. Travis says:

Hey Vera – I see that you mentioned updating the Data Vis RSL’s yesterday, but I do not see the datavisualization swcs in any of the zip archives referenced by your original posts…where can we find the updated data visualization libs? thanks!

12. Tom says:

To add to previous post …Has anyone had to create a fbpro folder then copy the DMV source files to debug into DMV code?I had to create this folder structure:..\3.5.0\fbpro\projects\datavisualizationand copy files from..3.5.0\frameworks\projects\datavisualisationI know my other option is to “add source” for each project but thats a hassle, this makes DMV source available for all my projects.Has no one at Adobe noticed this?

13. Vera Carr says:

My apologies for not updating on the blog. We updated the Data Visualization RSLs yesterday. Please download the new ones.

14. Like Trent, I also experience problems with the Datavisualization RSLs. Any update on this?

15. Vera Carr says:

Thanks for the catch, David. I believe you need to login to JIRA to see the list. Let me know if that doesn’t work for you. I’ll also update the post to note that.

16. David Colwell says:

Apparently the bugs in the “key bug fixes” to be found at the link provided above were not quite dead and have crawled off….leaving the page we are taken to a Issue Navigator page displaying only the line “No matching issues found.” where we’d normally expect to see the issued displayed.The link I’m referring to is in the line “Additionally, it includes key bug fixes in the SDK, which can be viewed here.” (where the word “here” is a link)Please update/fix so we can see which bugs were fixed! 🙂

17. Vera Carr says:

Hi Carsten,Milestone builds are major release builds. They are certainly stable in use but typically contain more than the stable builds. We don’t post milestone builds under the milestone and stable builds sections. For further details on the differentiation between the two, please see this page: http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Build+Types.Vera

18. When I look on http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3 today, there is no stable 3.5 release listed, just a milestone release.Is the page simply out of date or has the 3.5 release been rejected?

19. Vera Carr says:

Nicholas, we will be creating a tags directory for 3.5 soon.Vera

20. Vera says:

TheCypher,As mentioned in the post, this dot release is only bug fixes and included the updated players. Please follow the link above if you’d like to see which bugs were fixed.Thanks,Vera

21. TheCypher says:

I’ve been searching all over, and can’t find a description of what is new in SDK 3.5 vs 3.4. What’s going on, Adobe?

22. Darya says:

Same here – datavis did not work after the 3.5 installation

23. Nicholas says:

Now that 3.5 is out, will there be a 3.5.0.12683 directory inhttp://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flex/sdk/tags/Thx

24. Vera says:

Trent,Let me look into whether this is a known issue. Will get back to you shortly.Thanks,Vera

25. Vera says:

Hi Florain,Thanks for the catch. The automation libraries will be updated on 1/12. Apologies for any inconvenience.Vera

26. Florian says:

Hello,Best wishes to the flex team for this new year!What about automation libraries?I’ve downloaded them from the downloads page but they are for 3.4 version

27. Trent DiBacco says:

DATA VISUALIZATION RSL does not seem to be working.I downloaded the 3.5 DATA VISUALIZATION lib, made the changes to lib path, double checked the rsl setting for both framework and DATA VISUALIZATION lib, and it doesn’t work.I seems like the same prob you guys had back when 3.1 came out?