Yesterday, we released Flex 3 Beta 1 (code-named Moxie)on Adobe Labs. We also released Beta 1 of Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR, code-named Apollo). I think we have pretty good doc coverage of new features but, as usual for a Beta release, things are a bit scattered.
Read me first
The Flex Builder online Help is only half updated. The Language Reference is at the Flex 3 level, but the usage docs (Developer’s Guide, Building, etc.) are still for Flex 2. For up-to-date usage docs, follow the Learning Resources links later in this posting.
Read me second
To get up to speed on Flex 3 features, I think it’s best to start by reading Matt Chotin’s Overview article .
Beta 1 learning resources
Here is a list (including links) of Flex 3 Beta 1 learning resources:
- Flex 3 Beta 1 Release notes (includes installation instructions)
- Feature introductions from Flex developers (highly recommended!)
- Flex Developer’s Guide
- Building and Deploying Flex Applications
- Creating and Extending Flex Components
- Using Flex Builder (available only as a PDF in the documentation ZIP file)
- Flex/AIR ActionScript Language Reference (LiveDocs)
- Flex 3 Beta 1 documentation zip file (contains PDFs of Flex and selected AIR usage docs, HTML for the Flex-AIR Language Reference, and a ZIP file contains sample AIR applications)
And here is a list of AIR learning resources for Beta 1; some apply when developing Flex applications for AIR and some apply when developing HTML applications for AIR:
- AIR 1 Beta 1 Release Notes
- Developing AIR Applications with Flex (included in the Flex ZIP file)
- AIR Quick Starts for Flex (included in the Flex ZIP file)
- Developing AIR Applications with HTML
- AIR Quick Starts for HTML
- AIR-HTML Documentation ZIP file
- Sample applications – Available from the Flex doc ZIP file and from Adobe Labs
As always, you can send us feedback using LiveDocs comments. Also, starting with this Beta release, our bug database is public; you can enter and track bugs yourself by going to http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/.