In addition to leading the Flex doc team, I also manage ColdFusion documentation. And, as someone who started with Allaire iback n 1998, I love working on ColdFusion. We realize that CF has been around for a long time and work hard to provide docs in all the places our developers work (local, LiveDocs, PDF, HomeSite, and Eclipse).
This one was fun, though.
A while ago, I read an article on the (minimal) hypertext capabilities in iPod Notes and when I mentioned the idea of deploying minimal CFML Reference information on the iPod to Sotion Shipcka, our crack TechBoston intern, he leapt at the chance.
Now maybe the rest of you will be like Sotion and say “Of course. I know how that works,” but just in case you’re like me, here are instructions to get this working:
1) Download the attached ZIP file.
2) Plug your iPod into iTunes and ensure that “Enable disk use” is selected.
3) Extract the ZIP-file contents to your iPod’s Notes folder.
4) Unplug your iPod.
5) Go to Extras>Notes and look for CF8 QuickRef for iPod
6) The material is separated into Tags and Functions. The functions are then separated alphabetically.
Try it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think!