Today, we released Flex 3 Beta 3 on Adobe Labs. Here is a summary of doc changes between Beta 2 and Beta 3:
- Advanced DataGrid, OLAP DataGrid, advanced charting, and automation agents are now part of the Advanced Data Visualization Developer Guide. Advanced Data Visualization is available when you purchase Flex Builder 3 Professional, although a watermarked version is available in Flex Builder 3 Standard.
- For the core Flex documentation, we reorganized the online table of contents to display information in a topic-oriented (as opposed to book-oriented) manner. Go to http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/flex3/html/index.html to see what I mean.
- Of course, the big news is the release of BlazeDS. You can get more information at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/blazeds/ and Mike Peterson will be blogging about the docs later today.
Other than bug fixes, these are the final docs, so please let us know if you find any problems. In particular, we’re interested in non-functional context-sensitive help in Flex Builder. You can report bugs either by adding comments to this post or by using the public bugbase.
Useful/updated links for Beta 3
- Flex 3 Getting Started Experience
- Download Beta 3 (requires login to adobe.com)
- Usage docs
- Reference docs
- Download a ZIP file containing usage doc (PDF) and Reference doc (HTML)
Bugs and known issues
- http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXDOCS-282 – ‘Create Self-Signed Digital Certificate’ help button does not open a help topic.
- http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FLEXDOCS-307 – Printing a topic and its sub topics spews out duplicates at the sub-topic level resulting in huge printouts
- Search within the Beta 3 docs on LiveDocs is funky. We’re working on this and hope to have it fixed soon.