This post is intended for those of you who create articles, tutorials, and videos related to Flex and Flash Builder (although it will be useful to everyone). Apologies in advance for the bland title, but try as I might, I couldn’t think of a snappy one…
Observant readers will have noticed that over the last few years, we at Adobe have been working to identify and link to content that you, the community, create. Whether it’s an article, a video, a code example… whatever, we want to integrate with great community content. And I think this is a great thing for everyone:
- Viewers – From our pages on help.adobe.com, readers have easy access to useful, hand-picked content.
- You/Bloggers – Links from our pages on adobe.com boost your site’s page rank, making it even more likely that searchers will find your content in the future.
- Us/Adobe – Scanning the community for content helps us learn what’s important for customers and identify who’s who in the community.
I don’t know whether or not you’ve noticed, but lately we’ve given even more visibility to your links, moving them to the top of the page, sometimes placing the link inline, along with the related discussion. Also, we are applying some visual treatments to highlight these links:
- Byline – This icon indicates a link to customer content. See the Enable persistence in a mobile application page for an example of this.
- Adobe recommends – This treatment includes a blurb and an image (I’ve even contacted some of you for a picture or icon) to help draw attention to the link. See the About Spark layouts and Define views in a mobile application pages for examples of the “Adobe recommends” treatment.
Pages that link to your content
Here is a partial list of the authors and articles we link to:
- Jeffry Houser, Component layout in a Flex 4 application
- Tink, Carousel Layout
- Emily Kim/Trilemetry, Introducing Styling and Skinning
- Peter deHaan, many examples from flexexamples.com
- Brent Arnold (aka iBrent), Troubleshooting Android device connections on Windows
- Numerous articles from Holly Schinsky(aka devgirl), including Flash Builder 4.5 – Mobile Highlights
- Xavi Beumala, Flex 4 Accordion3D layout
- Brian Telintelo, Flex 4.5 Spark TileLayout finally pays off for multi-screen apps
- Joseph Labrecque, Building Mobile Apps with Flex 4.5
- Russ Watson, DropdownList labelDisplay tooltip
- Fabio Biondi, Mobile Flex 4.5 Demonstration
- We also link to articles and videos on adobe.com, including videos by Serge Jespers, and articles by NJ and Evtim Georgiev.
We’re always looking for articles, tutorials, and videos, so if you have something, please let us know by adding a comment to this page with your e-mail and a URL.