Are you using Adobe’s ActionScript code examples?

Hey there ActionScript developers! As you may or may not know, we provide a lot of code examples in the ActionScript docs. However, these examples come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which sometimes makes it hard to get your bearings. So if you were having trouble running/using examples in the ActionScript 3.0 Developer’s Guide, we have revamped the How to use ActionScript Examples page. Please visit this page and let us know what you think, either by leaving a “Was this helpful?” rating or by posting a comment.

For more detail, see Erick Vera’s post on Tumblr.

-Randy

PS: We have a lot of great ActionScript usage documentation but Page View reports indicate that it is an underutilized resource. So this is just a heads-up that I’ll be blogging about ActionScript content in the coming weeks.

6 Responses to Are you using Adobe’s ActionScript code examples?

1. Badu says:

I am looking at those examples every time, mostly to remind the things I’m looking for. Of course, one of the improvements would be to like those to the cookbook…

2. Marc Pelland says:

The ActionScript examples in the documentation is a great guide and has come in handy countless times. I will start responding to the “was this helpful?” ratings. Thank you

3. adeel ahmed says:

coooooooooooooool

4. Khang Dinh says:

Yes, yes and yes! Those examples have always been my favourite source of 99.99% reliable information! It’s true I gain most of my knowledge on AS by “pressing F1, looking at the API then the examples”. I’ll definitely respond to the “was this helpful?” question from now on (and I’m sorry I’ve been lazy in doing so…)

5. Chris says:

Yes, they are useful depending on what you are looking for. You might consider providing or splitting them out into categories – basic usage – styling/skinning – item renderer usage etc. I use them all the time for blasting quick demo screens together but they aren’t much use outside of getting a component on the screen. I’m not being critical at all… it’s just that occasionally it’s helpful to have a quick stylesheet example like you have for the spark ButtonBar. I’ll start hitting the “Was this useful” button when I hit them 😉

Keep up the good work!

6. Epickfail says:

2 minute actionscript 3 tutorial. Learn swiftly.