by John Brinkman
It’s been quiet here. I have been mostly heads-down preparing for MAX. I hope I’ll see many of you there. If not, the content I’m working on will eventually find its way to this blog.
But today the focus is on some things to get you further ahead with macros.
I’ve included a zip file with the following:
- updated lint check macro
- updated accessibility checker macro
- updated form report macro
- sample macro to use as a ‘starter’ for new macros
You can simply unzip this file under your Designer install directory and they should immediately work.
If you’re writing new macros, you should appreciate sample.js. It includes:
- A convenience method for emiting messages to Designer’s log panel
- A convenience method for recursively iterating over the contents of your form
- A ‘catch’ block that does a good job of reporting script errors in your macro.
Have a peek at the comments in the macro for more details.
In full disclosure, I admit that one of the reasons for updating these macros is that I found a couple issues where old macros didn’t work in the new version of Designer. But not to worry, there are workarounds available and the new versions of these macros work even better than the old ones.
I’d like to extend this to more of the XFA object model, but that’s a project for another day.