LiveCycle ES has now been out on the market for just over six months. This means people are finally starting to get their feet wet and are looking at form guides as a possible solution to create engaging data capture applications. As a result I been getting more requests lately on how one should actually get started creating a form guide. For those just getting started there is a fiar amount of documentation already available online that is worth reading.
- Using Guide Builder
- The LiveCycle ES Designer documentation contains a whole section on how to use Guide Builder
- Getting Started With Form Guides
- This is a great document that provides an overview of form guides, walks through creating a new form guide and touches on customization.
- Customizing Form Guides (PDF)
- If you are really interested in creating custom form guide components this is the document for you! This document provides information about creating customized guide layouts, panel layouts and controls using Flex Builder. This is also the place to go if you want to learn about taking advantage of the built in styling capabilities of form guides.
While these documents are great starting point for your form guide solution development over the next few months I will be posting additional articles that cover some of the holes and more difficult aspects of creating form guides. If you have specific questions feel free to leave a comment and I’ll do my best to address it.
Share on Facebook