Adobe Media Player now on Labs
A new version of the Adobe Media Player is on labs and even if you’re of the persuasion that the world doesn’t need another media player, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. There is no doubt in my mind that this will start to change the way media is consumed in the world – it’s that game changing to me.
I’m not going to dive into why the Adobe Media Player could be so significant but just let me hit the top points here:
- online/offline experience
- simple, intuitive interface
- flash based video h.264
- RSS subscription
- DRM capabilities (should you want them)
- Flash has 98% market penetration
- Flash’s interactive communication component presents unique capabilities that no other streaming solution can provide
- Flash/Flex broad developer community provides a ready made base of developers for custom applications within the AIR platform
Okay, maybe I dived in more than I thought. Give it a try and tell me what you think!