The changing landscape of CS5 for Broadcast (part 2)
As I spoke previously, the landscape of broadcast has been changing. That perfect storm of change is forcing broadcasters to think differently about the how’s and why’s to get media out. As a recap, here are several of the issues facing media outlets today:
- Moved from analog to digital
- From standard definition to high
definition (two flavors, not one by the way).
- We’ve gone from a couple of formats
(betacam and DV) to an ever growing list of formats.
- The world has gotten even more media
saturated meaning that content has to be even better.
- Broadcasters don’t worry about one
screen (TV), they worry about three (TV, online, mobile)
- The world has moved from tape based
(remember those?) to file-based formats.
- And oh, by the way, we’ve had an
incredibly challenging economy that means capital expenditures
(improving your equipment) have been difficult to say the least.
For this second of two parts, I will offer up some feedback that I’ve gotten from media executives around some of these challenges and how CS5 is addressing their needs.