This blog post introduces you to the Adobe Revel application and how it helps you sync photos from various devices with Adobe Premiere Elements and Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Adobe Revel is a photo application that helps upload and share photos. The application is supported on Mac, iPad, and iPhone. You can edit the photos in Revel and organize them further by categorizing them into albums and captions. The photos are hosted on AdobeRevel.com and can be shared on various social networks. It is also possible to bring photos from your Android device to Adobe Revel using Revel Importer. You can download the Mac version from the App Store.
Adobe Revel has been integrated into Adobe Premiere Elements and Adobe Photoshop Elements. You can import and export photos from Adobe Premiere Elements and Adobe Photoshop Elements using Elements Organizer. You can however further edit them in Adobe Photoshop Elements for advanced editing or to beautify them using the impressive range of Guided edits PSE offers. You can also add the photos to the timeline in Adobe Premiere Elements and include them in your videos and other creations.
Some of the top features of Adobe Revel are:
- Revel is free for the first 30 days. So you can try the application, import as many photos, and then switch to uploading 50 photos a month. You can switch to a paid subscription to upgrade and upload as many photos for a specific amount.
- Revel is compatible with the Retina display in all Apple products.
- You can edit your photos in Adobe Revel. It provides intuitive and powerful editing tools to enhance your photos.
To explore more, visit Adoberevel.com.
Importing photos from Adobe Revel
In my previous blog posts, I have mentioned the various ways in which you can import photos to Elements Organizer. You can edit media from Elements Organizer and port it to Adobe Premiere Elements/ Adobe Photoshop Elements for further editing. Click here for more info on Elements Organizer. To import a photo from Adobe Revel to Elements Organizer, follow these steps:
- Start Adobe Premiere Elements.
- From the Welcome screen click Organizer to launch Elements Organizer.
- The Elements Organizer interface is launched.
- Click Import.
- Enter the login details in the Connect to Adobe Revel dialog box. If you do not have a login, click Learn more about Adobe Revel.
This opens the Adobe Revel page in the Web browser. Navigate to the sign-in page. You can sign in using these three types of login credentials: Adobe ID, Facebook, Google+
- Enter the login details and click Sign In.
- The photos uploaded are displayed. You can select the various libraries (folders are called libraries in Adobe Revel) from the Import from drop-down list.
Select the photos you want to import to Elements Organizer and click Import.
- You can import the keywords attached to the photos. Select the keyword and click Ok. Click Select All to select and import all the keywords.
Uploading photos to Adobe Revel
You can upload photos from Elements Organizer to Adobe Revel cloud. The photos can be directly uploaded to a library. To upload a photo from Elements Organizer to Adobe Revel follow these steps:
- Select the photos you want to upload. Click Ctrl (Win) or Command (Mac) to select multiple photos.
- Click Share > Adobe Revel.
- Select the photos and select the library you want to upload it to from the Export to drop down list.
- Click Export to upload the photos to the Adobe Revel cloud.
For further questions on Adobe Revel, you can go through the FAQs posted here.