Adobe Ideas 1.2 released to AppStore!

This article was originally written in English. Text in other languages was provided by machine translation.

Version 1.2 is available for download worldwide!

Adobe® Ideas is your digital sketchbook, letting you capture and explore ideas anywhere you go. Adobe Ideas is an ideal companion for the professional design applications from Adobe, including Adobe Illustrator® and Adobe Photoshop®. Now with a new in-app purchase option, you can get up to 10 drawing layers plus a photo layer for each sketch as well as layer transformations – move, rotate and scale each layer.
Sketch design concepts while sitting in a cafe, capture and store color themes while browsing through the photos on your phone, or jot down notes on a photo. Any time you need to explore creative ideas, Adobe Ideas is there with you.
Features:
• Simple vector-based drawing tools
• Zoom without jaggies or big pixels
• Variable-size brushes using multi-touch control
• Vector eraser
• Gallery-style organizer to quickly scroll through your ideas and color themes
• Huge virtual canvas
• Display ideas on an external VGA display (requires VGA adapter)
• Automatic creation of harmonized color themes from your photos or images
• Pick specific colors from photos or images easily
• Separate drawing and photo layers
• Easy creation of multiple versions of design concepts
• 50-level undo/redo
• Fast zooming and panning
• Save drawing to “saved photos” album on iPad and iPhone
• Ability to email ideas as PDF files for editing in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop or for viewing with any PDF viewer
• Available in French, German and Japanese

In-app Purchase:
• Layers: available for in-app purchase. Create up to 10 drawing layers plus a photo layer for each sketch; control order and opacity for each layer. New Move tool offers move, scale and rotate for each layer.

What’s new in version 1.2:
New Layers functionality (Premium feature): $4.99. Create up to 10 drawing layers plus a photo layer for each sketch; control order and opacity for each layer. New Layers Move tool offers move, scale and rotate for each layer.
• Huge performance improvement to zooming and panning
• VGA Out – connect to an external display or projector to show sketch content real-time (requires Apple VGA adapter)
• Left/Right toolbar setting- customize the location of your toolbar.
• Improved stroke smoothing. Some smoothing occurs while drawing.

11 Responses to Adobe Ideas 1.2 released to AppStore!

1. ramondelos says:

• blogadmins says:

Hello and thank you for the comment. We are glad that you are enjoying the product. If I understood your question correctly, you are concerned whether you will lose any of your Adobe Ideas sketches if your desktop/laptop machine crashes. No, you will not. You should be able to sync your Adobe ideas sketches to any other machine.

Iouri Tchernoousko, Adobe Ideas international PM

2. ramondelos says:

I love Adobe Ideas… Especially because of the 10 layers… I use it a lot… I just have a question: The computer I sync my iPad to crashed… Therefore, I want to sync my iPad to another computer… Will I loose all my sketches and drawings?.. Is there a way I can save my sketches on the Internet and retrieve them back after I sync my iPad to another computer?.. I would hate to loose all my sketches and drawings from the Adobe Ideas App… I already saved them to my photo app but I’d rather keep them as Adobe Idea Files incase I want to edit them later on… Please help… Please email me … Thank you very much.

3. ramondelos says:

Thank you for your quick reply… Much appreciated… Just a clarification… My laptop already crashed… How do I save my Adobe Sketches to my desktop when my iPad is linked to the laptop that crashed? Won’t I loose my Adobe Sketches if I sync my iPad to my desktop?.. I just tried to sync my iPad to my desktop and this is the message I received: “Are you sure you want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on this iPad will be replaced with apps from this iTunes library” … Therefore I did not continue with the sync… I hope you can shed some light regarding this… I would hate to loose my Adobe sketches because I love using this app. Best app ever! Thank you!

• blogadmins says:

I checked with the team here. The following steps will work for Adobe Ideas.

1. Update iTunes and iOS to the newest version (optional)
      2. Open iTunes in the new computer
      3. Sign in to App Store via toolbar Store > Sign in (using the same store account as you did in crashed computer)
      4. Connect your device to the desktop
      5. Select your device in iTunes and right click it on Windows or Ctrl + right click on Mac
      6. Select Backup from the context menu
      7. After Backup, Right click your device on iTunes again and select Transfer Purchases
      8. After Transfer all the Purchases, Sync all the app.

Hope this works.
      Iouri

4. ramondelos says:

Great!.. Thank you very much louri!.. Much appreciated! Thank you Team! I’ll follow your steps now…

5. ramondelos says:

You are all geniuses! It worked!… Great App and Great Team!… Thank you very much… Much appreciated!… Problem Solved! Thank you!

• blogadmins says:

Really cannot take the credit. But I will definitely pass this to the larger team. Glad you enjoy the product. Talk to you again.

Iouri

6. ramondelos says:

Yes please thank the team for me!… Thanks again Louri!

Ramon

7. Werner says:

Why when I plug the VGA or HDMI adaptor to my IPad only a smaller image is displayed on my TV or Projector? The image is not filling the whole display. Am I doing something wrong.