The following APIs are available:
- createHyperlinkQRCode: for creating a QR code for a hyperlink).
- createEmailQRCode: for creating a QR code for an email address.
- createPlainTextQRCode: for creating a QR code for arbritary text.
- createTextMsgQRCode: for creating a QR code for an SMS message.
- createVCardQRCode: for creating a QR code for a vcard.
Here’s a nice easy sample:
var myPage = app.activeDocument.pages.item(0);
var myPageItem = myPage.rectangles.add();
myPageItem.geometricBounds = [5, 5, 15, 15];
If a mobile app was used to scan this QR code it would take the user straight to www.adobe.com (although app behaviour does differ).
For more examples, see AddQRCodes.jsx in the Scripting SDK.