Let’s just get to the details:
- Flash Builder has specific dependencies on Carbon that don’t have a Cocoa equivalent as of Flash Builder 4 http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-15844.
- Snow Leopard defaults to a Java 1.6 64-bit VM.
- Eclipse does not have a 64-bit Carbon SWT implementation. See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=216051 and http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-13722.
Therefore, Snow Leopard users may see issues launching Flash Builder. To fix this, switch the default JVM to 32-bit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405284.html.
- Launch Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences
- Under Java Applications, drag and drop to re-order the Java versions so that a 32-bit version is the first one in the list