Flash Player 10.2 has been announced. Video on the web will become both much faster and less processor hungry.
The new features in 10.2 include:
- Stage Video, a full hardware accelerated video pipeline for best-in-class, beautiful video across platforms and browsers
- Custom native mouse cursors
- Multiple monitor full-screen support
- Internet Explorer 9 hardware accelerated rendering support
- Enhanced sub-pixel rendering for superior text readability
Helpful Flash Player 10.2 resources:
Flash Player Team blog post: http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2011/02/flash-player-10-2-launch.html
Adobe Developer Center:
- Adobe Stage Video page: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/stagevideo.html.
- Getting started with stage video: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/stage_video.html
- Working with native mouse cursors in Flash Player 10.2: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/native-mouse-cursors.html
3rd Party Blog posts and demos:
- Brightcove: http://blog.brightcove.com/en/2011/02/stage-video-brightcove-player