by Julieanne Kost

Comments (7)

Created

August 24, 2010

I feel extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend a week with a small group of highly motivated and talented photographers in Iceland. As we traveled with our delightful new friends from Focus on Nature, we were forever changed by the landscape, the people and their culture. It was a truly unique and inspiring experience and although I am not sure that I was able to capture it’s immeasurable beauty, I thought I would post some of what I observed in the next few days. I’m definitely planning on returning again next year and hope that some of you will join me.

Window Seat - photographs from the Seattle-Reykjavik flight.

Window Seat - photographs from the Seattle-Reykjavik flight.

Walking around Reykjavik upon arrival.

Walking around Reykjavik upon arrival.

Working on the concept of "Less is more: in Reykjavik.

Working on the concept of "less is more" in Reykjavik.

Behind the exhibits in the National Museum of Iceland.

Behind the exhibits in the National Museum of Iceland.

My fascination with the simplistic, graphic visual that power lines and telephone poles have, begins now...

My fascination with the simplistic, graphic visual that power lines and telephone poles can have - begins.

COMMENTS

• By Cornelia Kurtew - 11:25 AM on August 24, 2010

beautiful, like the simple concept and beauty of the images! I am a big admirer of your work! Thank you for sharing. Connie

• By Jeanne - 11:49 PM on August 24, 2010

Amazing how your photographs have a different style from all the others.
    They are very strong and very beautiful. Would love to see them slightly larger to really see the photo with all its details. Lovely work Julieanne. Keep on photographing.

Saluu Jeanne

• By Jack - 5:11 PM on August 25, 2010

Incredibly stoically silently beautiful!!!
    Quiets the mind. Opens the heart.
    I look forward to seeing more of Iceland through your eyes!
    Thank you for sharing your oh so personal art!

• By David B - 11:22 PM on August 25, 2010

My daughter just got back two weeks ago from a photoshoot. Free People (freepeople.com) was shooting their catalog there. The shots that she sent back are incredible. I will be forever jealous. She did mention the persistent smell of sulfur however.

• By Liz - 1:15 PM on August 27, 2010

Nailed it!! Love, them! I especially like how you have chosen to present them. Like your book, the combination of images creates an added interest….

• By Johannes Frank - 2:34 PM on September 11, 2010

I like your stile and how you choice to show the landscape in this images! gives me a new feeling in shooting and approaching land and things ! and your choice for color in the image ” Filadelfia” is perfect like a ´70 feel ;-) ?!?!
    thanks