by Julieanne Kost
When working with the timeline in Photoshop, select the flyout menu on the Animation panel and choose to “Enable Timeline Shortcut Keys”. Otherwise some of this weeks shortcuts won’t work. In addition, there are a large number of video layers/animation features that can be given custom shortcuts through the shortcut editor (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts).
To move through the timeline:
• Left/Right arrow will move back/forward one frame at a time. Add the Shift to move 10 frames at a time.
• Page Up/Page Down will ALSO move back/forward one frame at a time. (Add the Shift key to move 10 frames at a time.)
• Up/Down arrow + Shift moves forward/backwards exactly one second.
• Home/End keys move to the beginning/end of the timeline.
• Shift -clicking the Select Previous/Next Frame icons (at the bottom left of the Animation Panel) moves to the next second (for example if you are currently at 2:22, Shift clicking the Select Next Frame icon will advance to 3:00).