by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

February 3, 2011

In this Episode of the Complete Picture  (Using Color to Add Emotional Impact to a Photograph) Julieanne discusses how the addition of color as well as  supporting imagery can  help reinforce the mood and message of a composite image that a single photograph may fail to do on it’s own. Discover how to composite images through the use of masking, blend modes, smart objects, gradients and edge effects.

COMMENTS

• By josef - 2:16 AM on February 4, 2011

Wonderfull, its greating heaven on earth.

on this time the people don’t have time for this. Its pitty!
    relax, like before in your darkroom and try to make the best composition.

Miss Kost gives a perfect explanation of this subject. And its a pleasure to listen .

Josef

• By Greg Boyer - 12:27 PM on February 4, 2011

Another excellent video. Thank you.

• By Libby - 10:17 AM on February 7, 2011

Love how you show the creative process and remind us that multiple elements in an image can add interest and texture. I would be very interested in at least part of an episode of The Complete Picture being dedicated to how you organize all of your different elements so that you can access them easily, the nuts and bolts that are necessary before you can bring all of the pieces together.

• By Julieanne Kost - 8:59 AM on February 15, 2011

Actually I keyword all of my images in Lightroom so that every image is only a “filter” away. It takes some time, but it’s worth it. I have also started a collection called “Interesting photos” that I place photos into as I run across them, knowing that they might come in handy in a future composite. It’s not very scientific, I just choose images that I like and think will work well with others.

• By Boston Wedding Photographers - 10:04 PM on February 9, 2011

Wow. I learn so much from your daily posts and videos. Thanks so much for sharing.

• By Ron West - 9:44 AM on February 17, 2011

It would be great if these could be down-loaded for saving to a DVD…

• By Olga - 3:58 PM on March 13, 2013

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

• By Julieanne Kost - 8:05 PM on March 14, 2013